Need an artist or graphic artist?

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
I am trying to create a logo. i have a really good idea of what I want, just need an artist or graphic artist to draw it up.

Anyone on here with those skills?

THINKER

Well I guess I am not very good at creating new images, just altering other images. Here is a quick one that I did. It will help you give others an idea of what you want. It's not what you wanted, but I did all that I could do.

1q.jpg

Well I guess I am not very good at creating new images, just altering other images. Here is a quick one that I did. It will help you give others an idea of what you want. It's not what you wanted, but I did all that I could do.

Yes that is the concept......really need someone who can draw a rider saluting.

I am trying to create a logo. i have a really good idea of what I want, just need an artist or graphic artist to draw it up.

Anyone on here with those skills?

THINKER

I went to art school, took the logo design class at UCLA maybe I can help. First of all what's your application? What are you going to put it on and how big?

What is the identity you want to convey? What qualities does it have?
Posted via Mobile Device

Something like this to start with? The photo can be altered into artwork and used any way you like.

Good luck!

P.

salute.jpg

You salute with the Right hand, not the left. Just FYI.

do you really want him to be soluting with his left arm ???

The concept doesn't really work very well with the right hand. I understand this isn't technically correct, but I figure it is artistic license.

In case it isn't obvious, the salute is a play on the title, "Captain". Road Captain refers to those riders who take responsibility for directions and safety group rides. The logo is being developed for a product that should appeal to Road Captains. So this has nothing to do with military or patriotism. But with that said, please let me know if anyone actually finds this use of "artistic license" offensive or disrespectful. Or are you just pointing out the error?

Thanks

I myself do find it..... I won't say offensive, but in bad taste. Having been in the military (USMC) a left handed salute was always a sign of Disrespect. It has been flashed at officers in disrespect many times. So, to me yes I find it to be in bad taste, But Offensive is a strong word in book, just like hate and forever.
Just my thoughts, So please respect them to whoever might want to flame me. I was asked and I asnwered honestly. Thank you

Logos are abstracted illustrations intended to convey alot of meaning with little detail.
If you want to convey respect, then you need to acknowlege conventional symbols of respect. It's all about communication.

Are you in a hurry for this? I've got all my digital design software in boxes at the moment, should have my studio up and running in about two weeks, if you don't have something ready to go by then.

Back