Haha

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
I just got in my new TomTom GPS Unit. So now I can find all you peeps. Not bad for 89.99 from buy.com. Im still trying to decide if I want to drill through my $120 wind screen to mount it. Ill post pics later.

Its a Tom Tom ONE. this was alot cheaper than the rider and does the same thing.

Sorry bro, I'm lost. I would love to see how you mount it up. Not sure what I want in the way of GPS, but I would like to have something.

I've been itching for a long time for a gps. the garmin 550 streetpilot is what im eyeing.

def. post pics of your mounting cause its been on my mind how im gonna do it.

OK here is the GPS mounted under the screen. I just drilled a bolt through the screen.

101_3252.jpg

101_3253.jpg

101_3254.jpg

101_3255.jpg

101_3256.jpg

101_3257.jpg

Can you use the touch-screen with your gloves on?

That was the primary difference, as I remember it, between the TomTomRider and the others...

Curious...that'd be a big selling point for me...

cant wait to hear the evaluation after you run it for some time..

(might wanna think about flushing that brake/clutch fluid.. kinda discolored) :)

I read up and talked to alot of people using both the RIDER and the ONE and the consensus was that they do the same things for what Im needing it for, the RIDER is just water proof and costs about 500 bucks more. As for using it with the gloves on I havent had it on the road yet but just using it shouldnt be that hard to use. Both the RIDER and the ONE are small units so gloves will be a problem using on the fly but Ill just have to deal with that as I go.

And as for the fluids, I need to replace all of them this winter but its still 80 degrees here so I think I can wait till the season is over to change them.

Sportech. Its some anti glare high impact bs. I think they just told me that so I wouuld buy it since it was the only one they had left.

I like it. And I wanted it under the screen so If I do get caught in the rain then its protected. And its easy to remove it from the mount.

??? Ouch, screw in the shield, don't know if that will be strong enough to hold and not break shield

Back