Sick note to come back?

2k4_8

Registered
Does anyone know if it is legal for an employer to REQUIRE a doctor's note to go back to work after being gone two days (sick) due to the flu? This is in the state of Idaho if that helps...thanks in advance! I will also add that I work for Swire Coca Cola as a delivery driver.

Does anyone know if it is legal for an employer to REQUIRE a doctor's note to go back to work after being gone two days (sick) due to the flu? This is in the state of Idaho if that helps...thanks in advance! I will also add that I work for Swire Coca Cola as a delivery driver.

Don’t know.

I do know if you have been placed off work by a doctor due to some medical issue and you provided your employer with a signed document from the doctor stating you could not work, the employer does require a release from the doctor releasing you back to work.

Without knowing you, or your employer and being neutral about it, at first glance it sounds to me like your employer does not believe you were sick, they think you were playing hooky and they are trying to prove it so they have grounds for termination.

Or at the minimum justification to add a negative comment in your employee record in order to build a case against you for future termination.

Bottom line, walk a very tight rope. Looks like you are under a microscope

It can be emplyer based not State. If it is in the Company HR requirements you must have one. Usually however for 2 days if you have sick time built up it should not be required it is after 2 days. If they want one go get one.

Most of the time it varies by employer. Every place that I have worked so far has been 3 or more days.

I usually provide a note even if it were for 1 day just to cover my arse. Heck, I even brought my kid's note from the doctor in when I had to take off because he was sick.

Good news and bad news, I proved them wrong, it is the 'standard' 3 days or more that REQUIRES a note from the doctor. Also if you are injured, so basically I just proved the entire upper management at the plant wrong:cheerleader::banghead::lol:, which is good...but I hope they don't hold a fuggin grudge over it, I am just gonna have to kiss a lil :moon: I guess to ensure it isn't a problem!

Two days seems like hardly any time at all.

There's this reverse phenomenon called: Presenteeism. The people who will come to work even if they should be home tending to their health. It's epidemic, and causes widespread germs and other ill stuff.

Yuk.

Glad you got out of it. I'd check my six periodically, though...there are some people who will not appreciate your having proved them incompetent to do their jobs...and HR people are many times, the most insecure.

Two days seems like hardly any time at all.

There's this reverse phenomenon called: Presenteeism. The people who will come to work even if they should be home tending to their health. It's epidemic, and causes widespread germs and other ill stuff.

Yuk.

Glad you got out of it. I'd check my six periodically, though...there are some people who will not appreciate your having proved them incompetent to do their jobs...and HR people are many times, the most insecure.

:rofl: Poor HR, they always think they are getting the poop end of the stick! LOL how true Scar!:thumbsup:

Good news and bad news, I proved them wrong, it is the 'standard' 3 days or more that REQUIRES a note from the doctor. Also if you are injured, so basically I just proved the entire upper management at the plant wrong:cheerleader::banghead::lol:, which is good...but I hope they don't hold a fuggin grudge over it, I am just gonna have to kiss a lil :moon: I guess to ensure it isn't a problem!

Dead man walking

Dead man walking

I hope not, I do my job well...and it's a REALLY hard job to get fired from....but if I did resign today at least I have a CDL. If push really came to shove, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a new job, although I hope it doesn't come to that.:thumbsup:

Just remember that most states are "at Will" employment anyway, so regardless of a Doctors note etc... If they decide to can you, you are done... They don't even need to provide a decent reason and yes this is true for most corporate jobs as well regardless of what HR policy is written. End of the day they can just not let you back...

Back