Fall down go boom...

jefferycarman

Lost and confused
Donating Member
Registered
Thread title stolen from BA... he's not here to defend it.

Anyways.

Sunday night my daughter decided it would be a good idea to get on the coffee table, right after we had discussed this. Two year olds do not have a long attention span and she proved it.

She was in "helping" mom with the laundry and when mom turned her back she bolted for the coffee table again. :banghead: This time it didn't work out well. She fell and landed on her shoulder. A trip to the ER, after realizing it wasn't just a bruise, revealed a broken collar bone :banghead:.

Our duties are to keep a two year old, insanely active one at that, from using her dominant hand for a week :banghead:. She is in a lot of pain and cannot sleep well. If she rolls, which she does a lot, then it's a mid night wake up.

Hopefully it will heal as fast as the doctors think. They are thinking a weeks time to set back and be fine. Then it's just no falling on it for a while.

Ouch...did you go back to work today, Jeff?

Good luck to your mom (Mrs. Babysitter, today). Keep me posted...

Give my best to your rather quiet (these days) wife, as well...

:beerchug:

Ouch. I hate seeing little ones hurt themselves. Best wishes brother.

Ouch...did you go back to work today, Jeff?

Good luck to your mom (Mrs. Babysitter, today). Keep me posted...

Give my best to your rather quiet (these days) wife, as well...

:beerchug:
I am back at work today. Yesterday was... interesting. We are doing what we can to make it easier for her, but it's tough to explain things to the littler ones.

Mom seems to be having an easier day. She is figuring out that she can't use that arm as much. So hopefully that trend will continue until the doctor clears her.

Will tell her to come say hi.

Thanks Scar and Twoton

hope she gets better..........I broke mine once and it was worse the when I snaped my arm in half....it took mine forever to heel because the break was so close to the shoulder......I didn't it playing baseball because my coach had a fly ball and wanted me to dive for it in practice and I didn't want to so we set it up again and I dove for it and tucked my arm a little and landed and broke the collar bone I was in so much pain I couldn't move my arm at all go to the doctor the next day and sure enough it was broken coach thought it was just a bruise so he made me bat the next practice and when I hit the ball on the first pitch (ball went maybe five feet) I fell right to the ground in pain....sorry for jacking the thread hope she heels soon hopefully it will hurt to much for her to move it not trying to sound mean but that helped the pain in mine a ton good luck

Ouch. What is with the coffee tables. Our niece was visiting with us when she was about 2 and had to play jump off the top rope (Sofa) with her older brothers. This after several times telling her and the boys it was dangerous. We turned our backs for a second...... She ended up in the ER with stitches in her chin. Glass top coffee table uninjured!!! ???

I sure hope she is feeling better real soon. It's bad enough when we inury ourselves as adults, I can't even begin to imagin the stress and pain she is going through.

Poor sweetie!!!

But how wonderful that she's such a curious and active child!

Hope it's all better really soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Awwww...poor baby girl.

I'm sure she will heal up quickly, kids always seem to bounce back fast.

Hope she heels quick. For your sake if nothing else. It has to be hard on all of you, But Popcorn makes it all better. LOL
Heel quick sweety.

Hope she heels quick. For your sake if nothing else. It has to be hard on all of you, But Popcorn makes it all better. LOL
Heel quick sweety.

Actually, she loved it and it did make it all better sort of...

SO, today she is not doing as well as yesterday. She has really done nothing more than just lay on the couch and watch TV. Which is good. BUT, she keeps rolling on her right shoulder. :banghead: We are trying to figure out a new way to wrap her arm AND use the sling to keep her from moving her arm. The blasted doctors only gave us a cheap and craptacular sling. :banghead: Now, we are trying to figure out if we should keep her home one more day or send her to daycare. We are leaning toward trying to keep her home...or have someone who can watch her one on one babysit her. *sigh* We shall see how it goes...

Thanks for the prayers...

OH..Scar, I am so quiet because work caught me on the boards. Now, after 4 months of begging for work, they are getting me something to do! YAY! And, Jeff is always on here at home...plus trying to keep Christine from the coffee table...busy busy busy...:superman: that is right...I am Superwoman...

My healed in a week at 18, hope she's doing alright.

Full face Bell made a mess of mine but saved my life.

Heel quick sweety.

Rum helps too ( you not her ). Kids heal quick and forget fast. I hope you guys do too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Back