why do we >>ELECT<< government anyway?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
this is NOT a "political" debate. just asking why we ELECT government positions as opposed to HIRING them?

maybe elections worked well for the founding fathers where there were 2000 people in the US and 10 of them were in one room banging out ideas.... but now we should HIRE government officials like it is a job instead. You know, have them submit resumes of actual accomplishments, previous jobs, skill sets, qualifications, schooling etc etc

Why can't I get a job just buy wearing a tie, smiling a lot, showing my future boss a well filmed 30 second advertisment on video, and kiss his children while telling him all the amazing things I will [try to] do if elected for this job?

let's see their actual accomplishments, not listen to a bunch of puffy "I can do THIS" without seeing ANY PROFF WHAT SO EVER they even have the slightest concept to actually implement such an idea.... where's teh project management team, where's the resume and curriculum vitae? for that matter, where is the JOB DESCRIPTION and expectations? Is that too much to ask?

If we could get rid of the electoral college and bring back POPULAR vote, it would be better.

Officials who weren't elected are the reason our nation exists.

this is NOT a "political" debate. just asking why we ELECT government positions as opposed to HIRING them?

maybe elections worked well for the founding fathers where there were 2000 people in the US and 10 of them were in one room banging out ideas.... but now we should HIRE government officials like it is a job instead. You know, have them submit resumes of actual accomplishments, previous jobs, skill sets, qualifications, schooling etc etc

Why can't I get a job just buy wearing a tie, smiling a lot, showing my future boss a well filmed 30 second advertisment on video, and kiss his children while telling him all the amazing things I will [try to] do if elected for this job?

let's see their actual accomplishments, not listen to a bunch of puffy "I can do THIS" without seeing ANY PROFF WHAT SO EVER they even have the slightest concept to actually implement such an idea.... where's teh project management team, where's the resume and curriculum vitae? for that matter, where is the JOB DESCRIPTION and expectations? Is that too much to ask?

Dude, you are soo right on the money here! :thumbsup:

These azzhats couldn't write a resume if their life depended on it. Hell, they can't even show anything successful that they have accomplished other than spending millions on propaganda.

So, who'll be in charge of deciding which candidate gets the job? ???

Since this would be an entirely new business plan, I would presume we'd found and placed OTHER people in work postions in the BUSINESS called Governemnt, that would be qualified to find appropriate people.

FEDEX or someone needs to run our government, or at least provide the template for how to ACTUALLY get things done within a realistic budget. What real, FUNCTIONAL business would survive having 3 trillion in debt?

It's just silly how our elections enable such disfunction

If we could get rid of the electoral college and bring back POPULAR vote, it would be better.

Really:whistle:, then about 40 of the 50 States need NOT VOTE:banghead:. Better idea:goodidea:, why not have it where you HAVE TO WIN the Popular vote in 26 of the 50 States. Then they would have to follow the desires of the MAJORITY of cross country US Citizens. And not just the LEFT or RIGHT Coast.

We do hire them. We vote for who we think is the best qualified. Unfortunately the mass media won’t give us accurate info . Maybe we should vote on mass media based on competence & honesty

We do hire them. We vote for who we think is the best qualified. Unfortunately the mass media won’t give us accurate info . Maybe we should vote on mass media based on competence & honesty
About a minute 43 was enough for me... the smear campaign on full display... You never once heard the President say to attack the Capitol... he encouraged a protest... never did he mention that any form of violence for acceptable. The President never started a war though the killing of Solemani or whatever his name was served a purpose... This is just another smear on the president.

Did you know CNN pays airports to play their station in the concourses where people wait to fly? Some of the sharper knives out there carry their remotes when the fly and switch the channel to something less filled with propaganda like you see here.

You never once heard the President say to attack the Capitol... he encouraged a protest... never did he mention that any form of violence for acceptable.
"You'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong"
They obviously weren't headed to the Capitol for a chat or debate. Congress was in session. After making a statement like that he should have clearly said no violence, but that's not his style is it?
Is he a blithering idiot saying this to a raucous crowd? Was the crowd idiotic in following his lead? Are you, Zerks, in complete denial of why this happened? Absolutely.

Irony at it's finest. The people he instigated, inspired, inflamed, enter your choice of verb, stabbing back at Trump. His own medicine. How does it feel?

I can not speak to how your chosen ones are chosen but I have a question.
How many people in your country are actual members of either party?
the reason I ask is because
In Canada on average most political parties (we have three major ones and couple of outliers) have on average about 120.000 card carrying paid up members Many of those members had their membership fee, of I think 10 dollars, paid for by the person running for the opportunity to be selected.
So over the course of the run up you will get across the country local Riding associations having an election of all the people wanting to be the representative of their party in that riding
The card carrying members of that riding get to vote whom they want
The winner is the person who will try to get elected, sit in the parliament and supposedly represent me (Good luck with that)
So in a country of 37+ million people as few as 360,000 people will decide who the representatives are.
While the whole country gets to decide if we like any of their choices those presented to us were the choice of a few 100,000 citizens with desires that may have nothing to do with mine
Government is already a business The purpose of the business is staying power.
Governance is just a side effect
jp

Back