Never take on a Train

Sam, R8, one of you guys have some explaining to do :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

That guys is a phucking retard

wow that guy was between a rock and a hard place.. he was already on one set of tracks, the bar fell behind the cab and he probably had no clue which track was live... sux...

Crossing accidents are in the thousands every year just on my Company alone.

2.08 - Highway-Rail Crossings

It has not happened to me. Yet. The biggest fear are pedestrians. We had yet another three weeks ago. 22 year old female flirting with train. Alcohol related. Another one 2 months prior. With the Holidays approaching always a few more. (college town)

Now, several things come into play here.

1) Better make sure your train is in an emergency brake application.
2) Independent brake fully applied.
3) Whistle blowing.
4) Sanders on.

Why? Lawsuits filled against the Company then you. Heck, the Company has filed lawsuits against it's own employees! Do a search. Attorneys love RR lawsuits.

We do not present Drivers License to the authorities. Don't give them any ammo either. What is being done now is handing them a business card with phone numbers thus letting the Company deal with it. Don't provide any information.

All Locomotives have a black box as well as information that can be downloaded from Ft. Worth, Texas. You guessed it. Spy in the sky as they can watch what you do at any time while operating a Locomotive. Most are now equipped with a video camera that loops every 24 hours.

We also offer trauma instruction to Engineers that may need it after a crash. (three people killed at Valentine was very hard on one of our members) The loss of an Employee last year and the person responding who had to retire after the incident from the trauma involved.

So, yes. You are in a hurry. Please wait. I have run trains that were over 15,000 tons. I can't stop on a dime but rather 1 1/2 to 2 miles. Maybe.

Just wave. If female just flash us.

r8

205 tons each locomotive.

bnsf5058aLarge.jpg

Last edited:
And your worse nightmare is this.

Notice when Engineer puts train in an emergency brake application. (listen for blowing air)

Also notice block signal goes from diverging clear to red. At the time that signal goes red it's to late.

I believe this was at 45 mph. Imagine 70.

r8

Train Crash - Video

Although I can not justify the actions of this individual one has to wonder if indeed he had a proceed indication into an opposing train.

We will never know due to his death but live with his actions.

r8

Crossing accidents are in the thousands every year just on my Company alone.

2.08 - Highway-Rail Crossings

It has not happened to me. Yet. The biggest fear are pedestrians. We had yet another three weeks ago. 22 year old female flirting with train. Alcohol related. Another one 2 months prior. With the Holidays approaching always a few more. (college town)

Now, several things come into play here.

1) Better make sure your train is in an emergency brake application.
2) Independent brake fully applied.
3) Whistle blowing.
4) Sanders on.

Why? Lawsuits filled against the Company then you. Heck, the Company has filed lawsuits against it's own employees! Do a search. Attorneys love RR lawsuits.

We do not present Drivers License to the authorities. Don't give them any ammo either. What is being done now is handing them a business card with phone numbers thus letting the Company deal with it. Don't provide any information.

All Locomotives have a black box as well as information that can be downloaded from Ft. Worth, Texas. You guessed it. Spy in the sky as they can watch what you do at any time while operating a Locomotive. Most are now equipped with a video camera that loops every 24 hours.

We also offer trauma instruction to Engineers that may need it after a crash. (three people killed at Valentine was very hard on one of our members) The loss of an Employee last year and the person responding who had to retire after the incident from the trauma involved.

So, yes. You are in a hurry. Please wait. I have run trains that were over 15,000 tons. I can't stop on a dime but rather 1 1/2 to 2 miles. Maybe.

Just wave. If female just flash us.

r8

205 tons each locomotive.

You've never hit anyone? Lucky you. The paperwork gets real old real fast. And yeah, no drivers license and we dont have to do drug/alcohol test either.

Back