Ultimate 4 cyl Build Up! ENJOY!!!

save your click, it is a link, to a link that requires a registration and membership... either post the story and photos or skip it..

save your click, it is a link, to a link that requires a registration and membership... either post the story and photos or skip it..

You're out of your mind...no reg or membership required to read this. I was linked to it from ls1tech. And no, I'm not going to post the story and photos here...it's been ongoing and is over 52 pages now...so either go there and read it or not.

is working for me now... not sure I subscribe to some of the goofy stuff he is trying out.. but hey , it is his money and I bet I know why it wont run right..

Oh..most definitely will NOT run right. I don't know how far you've made it into that...but it's really wild Milling the head with a giant grinder, welding a clutch up (the way he did it), lightening the flywheel...all of it is just WOW. Really really really funny stuff, but kinda scary too, some of this crap is very dangerous. It's a how not to build a car thread for sure.

And sorry for the out of your mind comment...I thought you were accusing me of trying to spam the forum.

Last edited:
Interesting read; he's definitely got ideas of his own and that's what makes the world go 'round....

That has to be a joke. I mean, they must be making some kind of parody of what not to do.. Is he trying to prevent detonation by filing channels into the head? :rofl:

That has to be a joke. I mean, they must be making some kind of parody of what not to do.. Is he trying to prevent detonation by filing channels into the head? :rofl:
he is playing off the "dimples" Some years ago we found horsepower (on NA gas motors) by dimpling the inside of the combustion chamber.. I suppose he figured the grooves would work better?

I suppose he should have tried it on a golf ball first.. :whistle:

Years ago I dimpled the intake ports (like a golf ball) and found some horsepower there. This was before the days of CNC machines

The car actually ran, dyno'd at over 380whp/7000rpm (far short of the 900hp/10kRpm)and blew the impeller on the turbo.. Didn't read much beyond that.

well okay. his money. hope it turns out well theres alot of people over there watching.

that whole build is a disgrace to actual engine builders.. and people pay him to work on cars.. if you read 20 or 30 pages or so in.. he ended up running a 16.83 quarter.. in a turbo gsx with lots of mods. A bad drivers in a gsx should be able to ride a 16.

you missed after he blew the turbo (and let out backfires constantly).. he blew out his clutch.. and welded in a new one.. it was just.. bad... that thing is a deathtrap now. he also drilled out his own flywheel to lighten it.. lol

I have come to realize the error in my ways. I must now destroy the motor I built for my camaro and use broke and rusty parts held together by paint. This will guarentee me the HIGH times of 2 minutes in a 1/4.

PS when I go to change the cluch on my bike Im just going to tape some sand paper together.... That should work...Shouldn't it????

that whole build is a disgrace to actual engine builders.. and people pay him to work on cars.. if you read 20 or 30 pages or so in.. he ended up running a 16.83 quarter.. in a turbo gsx with lots of mods. A bad drivers in a gsx should be able to ride a 16.

The dude obviously doesn't know anything about launching a turbo car. That huge turbo probably didn't even spool up until halfway down the quarter.

I think what's more amazing about the whole thing is that he actually has more than one car to work on. I mean, really, after that can you believe more people want some of his "magnificent" work. I guess I need to see where I can get some of that magic paint.

Back