Cold remedies.. Help

Projekt

Registered
Please enter any known useful cold remedies..

Mom said I should try garlic tea with some honey... So, I am drinking garlic tea with honey at this time. It is made with two cloves and about a quart of water. Not bad actually but I will be sweating garlic for a day or two. :(

Do you have any good ones?

works like a charm. Buy a ton of those frozen OJ concentrate that you add water to make a gallon or so. Make a gallon or two and drink it like you breath air (buy the concentrated stuff in a can, not as it is cheap and you will be drinking ALOT of it). Then, just lay on the couch with about 5 blankets on yop of you (yes, it should be hard to see the TV, and you should be BURNING) and sleep literally all day. I do this, and im usually ony sick for 1 day, no more. Plus, staying on the couch and sleeping all day gives you an excuse to get others to get things for you when you are actually awake!

If you are having breathing issues...get in a really HOT shower. So hot you can't stand in the water (so don't...stand in the back and don't get in the water). Then breathe. It will clear out your nose. It is what they recommend for infants with colds. Make sure to bring in lots of tissues or toilet paper as your nose will be running off the hook. Also, sleep with a humidifier. Vicks vapor rub on the chest (and on your nose, if it isn't too raw from blowing it) also helps. Then, just lots of rest and vitamin C. Hope this helps.

normally when you already have cold you got to go through the cycle to get over it,sorry. just drink alot of o.j., rest and what has worked for me overcounter product is nyquil, take some at nite and you feel alot better the next day.
i missed taking flu shut last year and i was sick like a dog for a week. i took my flu shut already this year.:thumbsup:

Jager :whistle:

Seriously, all good suggestions above. Sleep is key. Your body does its best fighting when it doesn't have to spend a bulk of its energy being awake. Also wash your hands and face alot. Helps to keep you from reinfecting yourself. Hope you feel better soon!!! :thumbsup:

not much to speed it up so anything that makes you feel better... I like to sleep when sick.. They should make a pill that just makes you sleep for 3 or 4 days and you wake up feeling normal..

I had an urgent care doctor once give me the following suggestions:

1) Chicken Soup
2) Vitamin C
3) Zinc Lozenges
4) Lots of Hot Tea w/honey, lemon, and CAYENNE PEPPER! Yes that is correct Cayenne Pepper! It did help!!

I am currently SUFFERING myself! There isn't much you can do when it is a viral thing. I am on my 6th day of a 10 day course of Levaquin (antibiotic) and that hasn't done one single thing! If it were bacterial I would think the antibiotic would help. Mucinex helps somewhat. ???

when you're already sick, not much you can do but pump your body full of liquids and get as much sleep as you can.

For me, when I feel that I'm starting to get sick (nose acting up, getting an itch in the back of my throat, headaches and stuffy nose etc) I usually spend two days drinking V8. One to start off the day, another one at night...if needed, another one midday.

So far I've held off being sick at least three times. :thumbsup:

Zinc really does work, take it and keep taking it. Also Zicam comes in several different forms, contains Zinc. It's the only remedy I have found that does work. Just have to use it and follow the directions.

This works for me every time, but you have to catch it early. Not a 100% complete cure but still makes you feel better alive than dead.

"Fresh" OJ and orange slices and LOTS of it...to the point where you can barely stand consuming any more. Consume throughout the day and at night (keep next to bedstand). I carry a gallon with me throughout the day when out of the house.

Disclaimer: Sometimes a sudden change in diet can make you break out with a fever blister if you are unfortunate enough to have it dormant within your body. If it is, take a Lysine pill daily and especially during this time.

My Grandmother use to give us this concoction when we were kids....did it work? I don't remember:laugh:

1 part whiskey
1 part honey
couple of drops of lemon juice

Mix well and drink fast!:drinka:

My Grandmother use to give us this concoction when we were kids....did it work? I don't remember:laugh:

1 part whiskey
1 part honey
couple of drops of lemon juice

Mix well and drink fast!:drinka:

I make what I call my "SPECIAL TEA".

1 Teacup w/hotwater & teabag
Honey & Lemon
1 - 2 shots of Crown Royal (or whatever other hooch you fancy)

Consume and make another. You will sleep well and the warm liquid helps with the congestion.

Sleep and fluids. And time. That's about it.

Liquor is not bad but don't overdo it or you'll just dehydrate yourself. It kills pain, though, so it will help you sleep initially.

If you have to have more help falling asleep, some Chamomille tea before bed and a Valerian Root tablet will help IMMENSELY.

Enjoy! :D

--Wag--

running a few miles and pedialite for the cool down. "sweating" a cold seems to work for me.

Jack Daniels... Lots of it... 2nd best is a good single malt and a cigar. May not cure the cold but you'll quit caring soon enough.

OK, failing the above or you really do have things to do here's my favorites.

-"Airborne" is an Alka-seltzer like tablet that works great, followed by some really hot spicy Mexican or Thai food... You'll feel better and be fed. Win-Win

I could sure use some quality hot Thai food right now..

Seems that the Garlic and honey tea worked well.. I didn't suffer from congestion overnight.

Back