• No, it stinks

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • Yes, there's nothing better

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I don't get it. I love the smell of diesel fumes. Why? I hear it damages brain cells so I don't stand around bus stops or anything, and it doesn't give me a buzz or anything... why do I like it? I like RACE GAS too but there is more connected to that

Do you like Diesel or not?

Last edited:
I love the smell of my truck when I first start it in the morning, Cummins Diesel, reminds me of torque. I wouldn't classify it as nothing better because i have fond memories of the two stroke dirt bike, or the exhaust of the outboard early morning before heading out to Bahamas....

And race fuel is up there as well...

I guess i'm strange... I got to go now I have a headache...

Diesel and race gas :thumbsup:

It disturbs me though that WE have something in common :poke:

Deisel is good...but nothin' beats a hopped up 2 stroke burning some high octane race gas...Trick or the equal....no better scent. (Mechanically speaking, that is.)

Don't like diesel fumes.
Race gas (MotoGP race gas) is good, 2 stroke mixed with Klotz or real Castor is the best. Love that smell, one of the things I miss the most from my times with the dirt bikes.

My tool truck is a diesel and after all these years I can't stand it.:poke: Raw fuel on my hands in the AM after fueling up or the exhaust, it all gets old.???

Hate it!
When I was a youth I worked in my uncles Truck (Semi's) shop and occasionally had to change out fuel filters. The method he employed was to have someone lay on the ground under the truck and then he would ladle diesel out of the saddle tank and fill the new filter with fuel and hand it to the guy on the ground. Well the first filter went on fine but on the second one the Beer can/coat hanger Ladle my uncle was using snagged on something and dumped about 16oz of diesel right in my gaping mouth! Thought I was gonna puke for an hour! :rofl:

Here in Europe, most saloons (including my Alfa Romeo) and compacts go on Diesel. I don't like it because old vans and trucks spill it on roads, making them extremely slippery for bikes. At least you can literally smell the danger.

I do like the smell of unburnt 2 stroke mix, race gas and good ole leaded...

Back