I am soooo excited!!! Omg!!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I cannot believe how ecstatic I am!!!

I finally found the answer to a problem I have been having for a long time!!

I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!

I have been living with this problem for awhile now.. it has made me feel.. well lets say “inadequate” I just kind of felt my “personal growth” was limited (if you know what I mean).

I always felt a little embarrassed and to be honest I felt I was lacking in some areas. Kind of felt like I didn’t measure up because of this one small problem. So I tried to hide my problem so I wouldn’t be made fun of and ridiculed. I think to some extent it might have caused me to be a little withdrawn because of embarrassment.

It was something I just couldn’t wrap my mind around and couldn’t understand. Kind of a “why me!!” syndrome ya know?

But now that I have found and experienced the answer to my problem where I now feel comfortable with myself I felt I wanted to open up to everyone and share my experience and hope that maybe it will help others who are like me.. kind of hiding in the closet you might say…

So here it is……

Subnetting!!! Subnetting has always kicked my arse for some reason. I have been working in the computer field for over 20 years, I have been through an MCSE boot camp, I have my GSLC certification, Security+ certification. I work with networks on a daily basis, but for some reason no matter how much an instructor attempted to explain it to me it was like I had some mental block preventing me from understanding subnetting. I could pick up on everything else. I comprehended the OSI layers, TCP/IP, UDP I get it all. Just couldn’t get subnetting.

And today, I ran across this article.. and it made perfect sense!! It seems so ridicoulsy easy now!!! Here is a link to the article!

It is named: Subnetting without the Binary Headache!

Subnetting without the Binary Headache!

I hope that my sharing this might help others who feel the same way I used to feel !! :D

I was just going to say "they make a pill for that" but I think I'm in the wrong thread :rofl:

You speak a language of which I do not understand. But congratulations on your happiness!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

+1 on the little blue pill, but when you want to be ready anytime :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the article...I sent it to all my employees :beerchug:

+1 on that, Don. I actually gave it to all mine, as well; I asked them to study it hard because I'm going to test them on it in the morning.

We'll see how the year-end bonuses pan out; based on the scores of their tests. :laugh:

:whistle:

I just got that same feeling that i had on my first track day. I thought i was fast and then :stoopid: move over fatty..

i feel dumber now that i have read that... :banghead:

I'm going to turn off my kaputer and go take a nap..

Note to Thrasher:

Typing the phrase "OMG" automatically deducts 20 points from your Man Scale....too many of these deductions and folks will soon think they are texting a 14 year old Girl.

Carry on.....

Well..I got to here..

Convert the IP address from decimal to binary
Convert the Subnet Mask from decimal to binary
Delineate the significant bits in the IP address
Define in binary the subnet address, first host, last host, and broadcast address
Convert those four binary addresses back to decimal

And now I need a nap.

Later.

r8

Reminds me of the scene from "Mr. Mom".....

"So, you gonna wire that with 220?"

"yeah.....220, 221...whatever it takes..."

Binary subnet, first host, last host...whatever it takes....

:rofl:

Last edited:
it's all 1's and 0's :)

Test, what is this IP? And what class is it? and what should you set the default gateway to if it had a Subnet Mask of: 255.255.255.192 ?

11000000.10101000.01010101.01101010 ?

+1 on that, Don. I actually gave it to all mine, as well; I asked them to study it hard because I'm going to test them on it in the morning.

We'll see how the year-end bonuses pan out; based on the scores of their tests. :laugh:

:whistle:

Yep, I'm gonna give it to my guys too. I'll tell tell them to study it while their waiting on the drywall mud to dry:laugh:

Back