Wife Got Laid Off

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Well, today my wife calls me to inform that she has been laid off. I feel bad for her, but I am worried as well.
This just sucks. Christmas just around the corner, trying to sell house, trying to get ready for racing next year!
Damn this just sucks. Sometimes ya just wanna give up!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Giving up is not an option.

Sorry to hear this, bro. Somehow, things work out. You'll see. Whatever you do, please maintain an open mind, an optimistic perspective, and don't be afraid to ask for assistance, directions, or advice.

We're here for each other; we're here for you!!!

:beerchug:

It's a tough world out there today. It will all turn out to be ok in the end. A lot of times it is for the better. It's just the time frame between jobs that is hard. If you have faith you will be fine.

Don't ever think of giving up. There are rough patches, I have seen them and I know there is a few others who have too, you just gotta keep moving forward. I don't have much to offer in the NC area, but I am sure that there is something available.

When a door closes a window opens...

A friend of mine and his wife are both out of work at the moment.. or as he puts it "We are state employees now." Collecting unemployment while doing the job search.

Hate to hear it...this is on a lot of minds during these times.

Keep your head up

Everything happens for a reason, you just can't see it right now, it will be a better oppurtunity for her, you just have to think positive!

Sorry to hear about this. Keep giving her the moral support she needs and all will work out.

I know how you feel my man.

My wife was out of work for some time and we agreed it would be best for her to go back to school. We struggled through those years anticipating her finding a good secure job. Well, she graduated in May and hasn't found a job yet. The economy is so bad that alot of industries just aren't hirring.

I'm a consultant so there are times that I'm down between projects and times get tough even if it's for a month. I've had to put off hobbies, entertainment, racing, vacations, and all sorts of other things. You just have to tighten the belt and work though things. The hobbies will still be there, you can find entertainment in almost anything, there's always the next season for racing, the vacation places will still be there, etc. I think the hardest part is just dealing with each other and the money issues that come about. Prioritize everything and communicate how you feel and how she feels so every one understands the reality of things. It's all just temporary and the tides will change again to something positive. Hang in there! :beerchug:

Very sorry to hear. Start by telling all what she would like to do, whay she can do. You may be surprised of the help you may get even just in the NC area

Oh man, I hate to hear it. Very sorry. Just as others have said, hang in there and seek a better opportunity. Is this layoff permanent or is there the possibility of a call back. Some companies cut way back in the last quarter and then re-hire after the first of the year. May not be a possibility, but just thinking out loud.

sorry about the bad news, hope things get better in near future and she find herslef something better. don't get discouraged and keep your chin up. not sure what kind of work she was doing or for how long but keep looking around, never know she could find something better.

Adaptability is needed and requires less effort than resistance. Challenges are opportunities to do something you've been wanting to do.
Do that thing you(she) has been wanting to do and the rest will follow. Oh! And let go of any desire/illusion of being in control of the situation! All you can do is ride your best ride. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm so sorry Brian :( Not easy times, but hopefully everything will fall in to place soon...

Hopefully as this door closes another will open. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas. No, I really hope things turn around. Keep us up to date.

Oh man, I hate to hear it. Very sorry. Just as others have said, hang in there and seek a better opportunity. Is this layoff permanent or is there the possibility of a call back. Some companies cut way back in the last quarter and then re-hire after the first of the year. May not be a possibility, but just thinking out loud.

She worked for GMAC insurance and they were bought out. The company that bought them buys up large companies and then sells them off to over the border companies. It really stinks for her because she had been there right at fifteen years. She was a business analyst and helped write requirements for insurance policies. She can use a computer like no-body's business and can type like lightning. They always called on her to do special projects because she was so thorough. She did get a severance package, but that will only go so far.
I have been trying to kind of pep her up, and tell her that we will work it out, but she knows as well as I do how tight our financial things are.
One minute I am angry, then I am hurt, then scared...I guess that is normal. Just kind of in limbo I guess.

I would like to thank everyone for the best wishes, thoughts, and prayers though. That really means a lot!! I still may occasionally vent on here though if that is okay with everyone!!

Thanks again!
Brian

Man I'm sorry to hear this. I hope she finds something soon. It seems to be going around.

Back