Its that time again ... Pumpkin carving contest

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
There isnt a prize beyond bragging rights but lets see what you all can come up with :beerchug:

For anyone that is really looking to make it "easier" Macy's has this pumpkin carving kit available for $12.50 and it definitely makes it an easier process. :whistle: Comes with all the tools and some stencils for you to make something with... fun for the whole family :thumbsup:

Start with the kit, the whole pumpkin, after the trace is done with the stencil, daytime shot (we used petroleum jelly all over the cut areas to help it from drying up) and finally the night shot. Pretty fun. lets see what you all have :thumbsup:

pumpkinkit.JPG

pumpkin_whole.JPG

pumpkin_outline.JPG

pumpkin_daytime.JPG

pumpkin_dark.JPG

Thanks guys, I just used a stencil and carved along the lines :whistle: Should have another one later tomorrow or next weekend :beerchug:

i'll post mine up sometime next week.. don't wanna leave it outside for too long.. neighborhood kids might put it in the middle of the street in a lot of pieces.

i'll post mine up sometime next week.. don't wanna leave it outside for too long.. neighborhood kids might put it in the middle of the street in a lot of pieces.

Yeah, I'm hoping this one doesnt go that way but then again, not many folks come around the back yard here. Hopefully the two big ones we have stay around until we are the ones blowing them up in the back yard :laugh:

Man I love that one... we have another HUGE anus pumpkin out back..its shorter than the first but I'm hoping the next one gets something more in the scary than the artistic... but hey, someone else picks the stencils I just get to carve & get dirty :laugh::whistle:

this is B.S. We can't have a contest with just the two of us. So you're tellin me that NO one else on the .org carves pumpkins??? Thats it, this thread gets a :bump:

eh, I dunno, you wait much longer and you dont get to enjoy them... :laugh:

I only get to see it on the weekends so figured we'd get the first one carved up. The second one hasnt been decided on yet but its a big summovabeotch so probably will do something more traditional.

Found a ton of templates out there, some of them look freakin rediculously difficult. :bowdown:

I could use photoshop to create a pattern by adjusting the threshold and gamma

Back