Just let go

ditchdr

Registered
Was in my office paying some bills while my helper Chris was in the shop doing some much needed clean up and tool sorting. It has been a BUSY week. Between the oil changes, the tune ups, 2 head replacments, tires and the complete LED light kits the 2 of us have not left the shop before 8pm any night this week. Sure the money rolling in is nice, and dont get me wrong i am thankfull for every dime.. But we were spent, I could see the look in his eyes as he came in the office he did not want ot be there anymore then i did today.. Anyhow Chris put a few work orders on my desk and walked out.

So back ot paying bills when I feel all giddy and swear i hear voices, soft at first, then more and more understandable, they were saying " just let go",, Yeah letting go dont kep the lights on so back to work I go when I hear it again,, "Matt,, maaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt,, Just let go".. Thinking I am running on no sleep I get up walk out to the shop light up a smoke and strech..

A few moments later I am going through a UPS order i got eariler this week when I hear the voices again,,, "just let go"...

I walk out the roll up door and in the parking lot sits the Bumble Bee, and a 2007 GSXR,, I hear the voices LOUD and clear,, both bikes were telling me " JUST LET GO".. I shut the door, tell Chris ot wash his hands and grab his helmet.. I dash into the office throw the check book in the safe grab my helmet and keys.. With in 2 min the shop was locked the alarm was set and we were gone..

Chris had no clue or care where we were going nor did I.. We stopped at the Kangaroo filled both bikes and made a deal we dont head back till the gas light(s) come on, no interstate, and if we dont know where the road leads,, we find out..

Off down Dorchester Rd we go.. Take a right on Rivers and follow it into the historic Charleston SC.. We ride through the battery and around Marion square where we saw many a hottie college girls trying to get the last few rays of Summer.. Over the James Island connector and down to Folly Beach. We ride to the wash out sit on the rocks and shoot the breese for a bit.. Leave there go back through Down Town Charleston only taking a different route stopping at the hospital to see a budy who went down a few weeks ago and is still in there.. From there it is over the cooper River bridge into Mt Pleasant, ride out to Patriots Point then to Sullivans Island where a few of the locals were looking good as allways. Next we head over to Isle of Palms, park the bikes and walk out onto the beach.. Was nice but we both had food on our minds.. It was 3pm and we left the shop at 11 so lunch was missed.. We settle on the hot dog cart we found parked close ot the bikes.. Man some good food. and for 10 bucks I feed each of us 2 loaded dogs( mine with slaw of course) 2 bags of chips and 2 drinks..

With bellies full we hop back on the bikes and ride back into Mt Pleasant, to the left is Charleston, to the right is Awendaw,, hum lets go left.. About 10 miles into the ride we turn right off of 17 and head into a smal town caled McCulanville.. If you have ever seen Forrest Gump it reminds me of where Bubba lived.. We ride wround stop at the FD, talk to the guys come to find out I knew one of them went into a few local stores and had a good time...

We are heading back to 17 when my gas light comes on.. We hit the closest gas station, only i am not ready to go home.. Fill the bikes up again and spend some time tooling around some old back roads and what have to.. Around 7 it has gotten pretty dark and I am sure the wife is trying to find me.. We pull over I swap the sheilds to a clear one and call the wife..

We were home way to soon,, but i felt so much better. If for nothing else just to get away for a few hours.. Wife was wantign me ot take her out to dinner tonight so I said ok Mexican it is and I will meet you there lol.. She took the car me on the bike. After dinner we left for home her gettign there 30min before me lol....

Well there is my story.. Had a great day,, and i still want to know is some kind of mind control device is not a standard issue on the R6

Last edited:
Sounds like a great ride bro, Angel ( lycan ) and I did the same thing yesterday, clocked about 230 miles when the day was done. I'm glad you had a good time and got to " just let go" :cheerleader: :beerchug: :cheerleader: :beerchug: :cheerleader: :beerchug: :cheerleader: :beerchug:

I am a contractor.....So, these days we have to hold tight to ANY work that is available. Luckily, I have stayed busy. However, 2-3 times I just threw the tools in my truck and went home and mounted up and went for a ride.
It sure relieved a lot of stress. On the road, all thoughts and pressures dissappear. I get home with a clear mind and relaxed,,,sweet.

Ron

that balance between work and relaxation is a tough one... congrats... :)

I think next time I feel the need to get away for a few hours I am heading to Barnwell.. Before I go I will look you up, maybe do dinner or something..

Kind of aprehensive about going that way, last time I rode out that way I got stuck in the middle of a tornado in Branchville.

DO3 shoot me a pm and I will give you some contact info

From the sound of things, it seems as though you had a nice long relaxing ride! Yeah keeping money coming in IS important, but so is keeping the old noggin in shape! :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong,, i love the work, and i am very thankfull for all of it comming in.. They way I have my budget broken down is I need to make 65 dollars a day to keep the doors open. Stock is paid for, and chirs is paid a % of the work he does.. He is leaving for MMI soon and he just wanted some wrench time before he left..

As for keeping my sane.. Well my hourse are 10am till 7pm.. Thinking of opening up at 8am to get a few extra hours to get stuff done.. Just have to get the wife to do the morning bank runs..

Now I need ot figure out a safe secure way for custoemrs to drop bikes off after hours so i dont have to go to the shop at 1130pm when they get off of work.

nice ride...a lot of times, those spur of the moment runs without a destination are the best ones :beerchug:

Back