Classifieds page!

kingbusa

Registered
Is it me or does anyone feel like the classifieds page is not as convenient as before. I like it before personally. Is there anyway to look at the bike or parts for busa classifieds old school way??

no there isnt a way now, it seems that the classifieds are just there now to me you never get responses to anything ive been trying to buy parts from some people lately and never hear back from them dont know why

I agree, old style seemed easy and more user friendly, don't get near the hits on the new version and can't bump either ???

well according to the "View Counts" I think they are getting just as much exposure

yea they are a little less "homey" looking but my experience has been, any item priced correctly sells... economy is tight for a lot of people and sales are going to reflect it..

if you think your sales are down, how do you surmise it is the format at fault and not the price? (btw, I have sold all but one item I have advertised..)

I see a number of items tonight that are just priced too high ... if the format is the issue, then I should be finding some long deals right?

Wasn't there are 'wanted' forum a few weeks ago?

Did I miss something? These two are now integrated maybe??:poke:

well according to the "View Counts" I think they are getting just as much exposure

yea they are a little less "homey" looking but my experience has been, any item priced correctly sells... economy is tight for a lot of people and sales are going to reflect it..

if you think your sales are down, how do you surmise it is the format at fault and not the price? (btw, I have sold all but one item I have advertised..)

I see a number of items tonight that are just priced too high ... if the format is the issue, then I should be finding some long deals right?

i dont mind the classifieds section itself i think its well done i just dont think people remember they have stuff for sale in there so questions are posted and never get answered ive been trying to buy several things from there that arent under buy it nows and havent gotten a response in several days thats the only negative thing i see, maybe you should have to have a certain amount of post or something before you can put an ad up i dont know just my opinion

The problem I have with it is the only way to check if you had interest in your item is to go back and check it. Simple yes, but inconvenient. Obviously people who are interested in what your selling can easily PM you. Usually doesn't work that way. Most just make reply to the listing and assume those listing the item continually check it. I assumed that when I listed an item that I would be notified through a PM so I could reply. I went back to my listing after a thread like this one and sure enough someone inquired about an item. No big deal. I wish that feature was added, that's my only gripe. I know now to check back often to check for interest.

The problem I have with it is the only way to check if you had interest in your item is to go back and check it. Simple yes, but inconvenient. Obviously people who are interested in what your selling can easily PM you. Usually doesn't work that way. Most just make reply to the listing and assume those listing the item continually check it. I assumed that when I listed an item that I would be notified through a PM so I could reply. I went back to my listing after a thread like this one and sure enough someone inquired about an item. No big deal. I wish that feature was added, that's my only gripe. I know now to check back often to check for interest.
There is a "Subscribe" box to check when placing ad Want to be notified by email when users post replies?. (should be an automatic default yes, but is defaulted to no)

i dont mind the classifieds section itself i think its well done i just dont think people remember they have stuff for sale in there so questions are posted and never get answered ive been trying to buy several things from there that arent under buy it nows and havent gotten a response in several days thats the only negative thing i see, maybe you should have to have a certain amount of post or something before you can put an ad up i dont know just my opinion
I agree with a minimum post count before being allowed to sell items...

Last edited:
There is a "Subscribe" box to check when placing ad Want to be notified by email when users post replies?. (should be an automatic default yes, but is defaulted to no)

I also agree with the minimum post ct. It gives credibility to the seller.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I retract my comment.:thumbsup:

Back