Ever rode with "Dudley"??

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
Someone like "Dudley" from the movie "Wild Hogs". Dudley is a nice intelligent guy, whose lack of skill/confidence makes him a menace to himself and others.

My boss had a "Dudley" run into his back tire at a stoplight. Some 'Dudley's" seem to get better with experience, others no amount of experience seems to help.

Ever rode with "Dudley" ? Did he improve over time? Did he give up riding?

Dudley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people simply should not be on a bike. Amazing they even survive the experience of driving a car.

--Wag--

holy crap yes, it was actually before I saw that movie, and as soon as I saw Dudly I was like "HOLY CRAP THATS so-and-so EXACTLY!!!"
unfortunately he never got any better, and after dropping his bike 3 times, once pretty damn good that landed him in the hospital and totaling a BEAUTIFUL M50 I hear he gave up. I quit riding with him and those people mainly because he was so dangerous, and I got sick of the **** from the HD owners that they rode with.

I knew a dudley, but never rode with him.

Wait, what if you think I am him :moon: to you then :laugh:

holy crap yes, it was actually before I saw that movie, and as soon as I saw Dudly I was like "HOLY CRAP THATS so-and-so EXACTLY!!!"
unfortunately he never got any better, and after dropping his bike 3 times, once pretty damn good that landed him in the hospital and totaling a BEAUTIFUL M50 I hear he gave up. I quit riding with him and those people mainly because he was so dangerous, and I got sick of the **** from the HD owners that they rode with.

I'm currently trying to help a "Dudley". Hopefully my story turns out better:please:

Oh man...I knew one. The son of a friend of mine was coming from Boston for a visit along with his girlfriend. His Dad (my friend) asked if I would go riding with the son and his GF. The son used his Dads bike, an old Yamaha, and my friend drove his car. I rode along with the son and GF on my old Vmax. My friend took us all out to dinner and the son was drinking pretty heavily. The ride home was an accident waiting to happen and I was sooooo happy to finally make it home and not have to scrape him and his GF off the road. The next morning my friend called up and asked if I would drive him to the local jail so he could bail out his son. The son and GF went out for a bike ride after I had left them safely at home and unfortunately the son missed a curve and ran off the road. The bike still ran so the son and GF made it back to my friends house but she was seriously injured and my friend called an ambulance. The police came with the ambulance and arrested the son but took him to the hospital also. He had some torn ligaments in his knee and the usual scrapes and abrasions but wasnt seriously injured. They also did a blood alcohol test on him which he miserably failed.
The GF was in the hospital for 7 days with broken bones, a concussion, and lots of other injuries. As I remember, one hand was severely damaged and she was a hairdresser so would be off work for awhile.
We got the son out on bail but he ended up having to fly back and forth twice from Boston for the court dates. He ended up with a fine and 90 days in jail. I dont remember the exact cost of the fine but my friend told me he loaned his son over $5,000 to cover the lawyer, the fines and airfares.
Last I heard the couple broke up due to the girls parents urging and the son had to get a new job as he was fired from his previous employment for missing so much time. I helped my friend rebuild the Yamaha but he lost interest in the bike after that and sold it. It was a sad story but way to common when drinking is involved.

DocDrop rides with a Dudley every time we go out... but I'm getting better... I think :blush:

Back