Hit and Run... a "New" Sport?

SD1300

Will ride for Oreos
Donating Member
I've noticed quite a lot of hit and run coverage on the news in the past year. I see this every week. I talked to the local TV station to see if they would do an expose on this phenominon. It appears that here in San Diego the reason for it is obvious, at least to me, but the local TV station seemed very surprised at my suggested answer.
I suspect that "mot of the hitters are illegals, or Mexicans without insurance or licenses. I derive that from those who are ultimately caught.........." authorities have determined that the hit and run driver that killed little Johnny last week was Ramon Jesus Guitierez (pick a name), an illegal alien from Mexico."

So here are my questions. Where are the morals in this country?. What has happened to ethics and decency? Have the secular progressives allready taken over? I don't want to start a food fight here, but I'm really disgusted.

Your thoughts

Mark

I'll be interested to watch the expose, if indeed, it ever comes to fruition. Until then, I think it is unreasonable to come to a such a loaded conclusion.

Not a localized thing, happens here all the time too. "Leaving the Scene" they call it, hear of a case or two everyday on the news. When caught, most claim they were "scared" for whatever reason (no license, outstanding ticket, etc..) and ran off. There seem to be little in the way of laws against this problem, just another ticket type offense. Needs to be made a felony offense and maybe the occurances would not be so frequent.

Morals, ethics and decency automatically go against the grain of our "Human nature". We generally require a baseline to show us where morals, ethics and decency fit in. There are no classes, or government agencies to teach us these. I wonder where they could come from?

I'll be interested to watch the expose, if indeed, it ever comes to fruition. Until then, I think it is unreasonable to come to a such a loaded conclusion.

The conclusion is based on my observations of those ultimately caught - most often illegals. If they pick up the story (and I doubt they will since this is "harbor city") and find some other conclusion I'll say I'm sorry for acusing the illegals... after all, they have all the rights of an American right.

Morals, ethics and decency automatically go against the grain of our "Human nature". We generally require a baseline to show us where morals, ethics and decency fit in. There are no classes, or government agencies to teach us these. I wonder where they could come from?

I guess you are right.... if only there were something or someone in a childs life that could teach this.

The conclusion is based on my observations of those ultimately caught - most often illegals. If they pick up the story (and I doubt they will since this is "harbor city") and find some other conclusion I'll say I'm sorry for acusing the illegals... after all, they have all the rights of an American right.

Unfortunately, yes. Sometimes they even have more. Around here, they can go to the ER and get treated pretty much for free if not free. I go and pay out the arse.

you are talking about a state that could do no more to cater to the illegals..

free health care
free school
subsidized housing
drivers licenses
voting rights
Free legal
Free rides back to Mx when wanted
Free food stamps

what do they expect? (Nice state full of liberals btw)

well, i see ur in san diego. im ur neighbor over in phoenix, and yea, i agree. most of ur hit and runs ARE being done by illegals. they dont wanna get caught and go back to mexico.

you are talking about a state that could do no more to cater to the illegals..

free health care
free school
subsidized housing
drivers licenses
voting rights
Free legal
Free rides back to Mx when wanted
Free food stamps

what do they expect? (Nice state full of liberals btw)

dont forget B of A lets them get checking/savings accounts and loans without an ID

Around here, they can go to the ER and get treated pretty much for free if not free.

we have had a few hosptials have to close because they were losing so much $ cause of the "free" services they had to do that not enough paying legal people were coming in.

hey! How can I become illegal? Sounds easier than what I am doing now
¿Qué

:rofl: it is easier to get a drivers license "AS" an illegal... a citizen needs a birth certificate and 2 other legal forms of photo ID... go fricken figure.... if you skate across the rio grande, you just gotta show up in CA and demand a license or you are being discriminated against...

Arnold shows up, pats you on the back, gives you a 50 state legal license and a check for 3G.....

so I say ¿Qué

Back