Cow-a-socky ZZR1200

ditchdr

Registered
Got one in the shop that i did a valve check, and a carb sync to.. Customer told me to ride it around for a few days to see if there is anything else I find that might need attn.. Valves check good, no pittign on the cams as is common on these bikes, carbs synced.. I strap on my helmet fire it up and listen the the D&D's bellow out a mellow tone.. Strap on my helmet blip the throtle a few times throw the kick stand up and off we go.. I must have put 100 miles on this bike.. Man it is nice, handles well, and as much as i hate ot say it,, has a lot of power, maybe even as much as a Busa.. I got home called my customer told him about the ride he laughed and said cool di it again tomorrow, then i told him he wont get the bike back if I do lol...

in summary 2005 Kawi zzr1200 handels well, lots of power, and 100 miles bony ass was a non issue..

On the other hand,, I use to do 200 to 250 miles a day on my Busa with only mild discomfort in my shoulder.

nope not a traitor lol,, I do have a 05 Busa on my "special" lift in the back of the shop.. Engine is almsot done, Frame is done, wheels are on order.. No pics but have many.. Hopefully yall will get to see it with in 6 months.

nope not a traitor lol,, I do have a 05 Busa on my "special" lift in the back of the shop.. Engine is almsot done, Frame is done, wheels are on order.. No pics but have many.. Hopefully yall will get to see it with in 6 months.

As Johnny Carson Would Say " I didn't Know That " God Speed My Friend :beerchug:

I had a KZ900 and a KZ1100... both were way nice bikes for around town.. and nothing in the bike industry sounds like one through an old style Kerker pipe :)

I also had the 06 ZZr1200 (Zed), darkblue with muzzy slip-ons, lowered, db windshield. I had a blast on it, and yes, very comfortable to ride. :beerchug: Unfortunately all came an end when I was cutoff by a cager, slight bend to the frame caused the insurance adjuster to total it. Since most on that website zzr1200.org spoke and compared themselves to the hayabusa, i decided, why try to beat em, when I now had the opportunity to join em.:cheerleader:

The ZZR1200 was one of the most underestimated bikes out there.. I had an 05 and loved it but it had one flaw...

It was possesed,it kept falling off its side stand,hell I parked it on a slight up hill and in idle it walked itself off of its side stand $1500 worth of damage...

keep in mind though the last 3 numbers of the vin were 666....

one of my friends rides with has one and he is very pleased with it. Pretty fast bike, it's a couple degrees closer towards being a tourer than the busa is but it still handles fairly well.

Im guilty as well I currently have my 06 le busa & a 00 zx12
the 12 seems to make more horse power but doesnt even come close to the busa's torque

My recent trip was with my bud and his 05 ZX-12.

We swapped a few times on both highway and city rides and while I liked how light it was in the city, felt like I didn't have to muscle it around it as much. Really liked how smooth the engine and tranny felt but overall it just didn't feel right, didn't have the high or low end grunt of my Busa.

Trip.jpg

Got one in the shop that i did a valve check, and a carb sync to.. Customer told me to ride it around for a few days to see if there is anything else I find that might need attn.. Valves check good, no pittign on the cams as is common on these bikes, carbs synced.. I strap on my helmet fire it up and listen the the D&D's bellow out a mellow tone.. Strap on my helmet blip the throtle a few times throw the kick stand up and off we go.. I must have put 100 miles on this bike.. Man it is nice, handles well, and as much as i hate ot say it,, has a lot of power, maybe even as much as a Busa.. I got home called my customer told him about the ride he laughed and said cool di it again tomorrow, then i told him he wont get the bike back if I do lol...

in summary 2005 Kawi zzr1200 handels well, lots of power, and 100 miles bony ass was a non issue..

On the other hand,, I use to do 200 to 250 miles a day on my Busa with only mild discomfort in my shoulder.
I believe they were only 10 or so hp down to a first gen busa. They were just a pumped up ZX-11. Which isn't a bad thing :laugh:

Back