Mexico--violence is crazy there

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
October 11, 2008

TIJUANA – Until well-armed drug gangs become fearful of killing people in public, a local expert on organized crime does not see an imminent end to the violence that has gripped Tijuana.

AdvertisementVictor Clark Alfaro, a longtime Tijuana resident and observer of crime trends who teaches at San Diego State University, made the comments yesterday when the body count reached only three, a significant drop compared with the multiple daily homicides of the past two weeks.
A total of 91 people have been killed in Tijuana in 45 events tied to the drug-gang feud since Sept. 26, Baja California Attorney General Rommel Moreno Manjarrez said at a news conference last night. Among the victims was a Tijuana police officer who was on duty and carrying drugs when he was killed, Moreno said. The officer is considered to be the first death in the killing spree.

Yesterday, one man was shot to death just after midnight and the second about 5 a.m. in the city's Portico de San Antonio neighborhood, according to the Attorney General's Office. Authorities found near the bodies what has become the evidence that links the attacks to the drug feud: empty casings from automatic rifles.

About 10 a.m., the dismembered body of a man was found inside a drum near Tijuana's airport, along with a message to one of the leaders of the feuding drug gangs, according to information from the Attorney General's Office. The gray drum, found next to a dirt road near some athletic fields by the airport, contained the unidentified body of a man between the ages of 30 and 35.

The violence in Tijuana that started with bodies being dumped late at night has reached the level of public attacks, Clark noted. This means drug gangs believe they can move freely around the city and kill people in the streets without fear of getting caught by the police, Clark said.

And the expert doubts that the impending arrival of more federal police and military forces – which Baja California's governor announced this week – will do much to address the root cause of the problem: Tijuana's lucrative illicit drug trade. Gangs are willing to spill blood and don't care if innocent bystanders get in the way, said Clark, who's also director of the Binational Center for Human Rights in Tijuana.

One of yesterday's victims was a newspaper vendor, and late Wednesday night two men believed to be innocent bystanders were slain in front of a taco stand. They were near a man who apparently was the target of the attack, in the city's El Florido neighborhood. That man also was killed.

“We are averaging eight deaths per day over the past two weeks,â€￾ Clark said. “We have not seen the full resources of the state and federal government used to stop the violence. We need investigations and intelligence to stop the attacks.â€￾

Moreno also said authorities have confirmed that three blue barrels found outside a seafood restaurant Sept. 30 contained human remains.

To add to this story, my co-worker lives in Mexico and last night he heard what sounded like pops, he thought................. construction, maybe. The shots rang out louder and louder and 2 cars raced down his street with their guns a blazing. He said, you couldn't believe how much it was like the movies. Guys hanging out the car and shooting. For 3 hours he heard gunfire. Easily all within 10 miles of him. Mexico (tijuana) is not a safe place to be right now.

What the h3LL is wrong with humans? This is just a trend that is not getting better.

The citizens need to put a few bullets in the thugs and show that they will fight back. Screw the police. They arent out for the people anyway!

He has a point. If the police won't protect the people, then the people need to step up and protect themselves.

We had an issue, albiet not like this in any magnitude, iin our old nieghborhood. Police response time was pretty terrible. They had a bad incident, a few nieghbors showed up and confronted some people, and it was taken care of.

And the Mexicans wonder why we don't welcome them here.........
It will spill over the border and already has, some of our border police have been fired on from across the border by Mexican police, protecting their drug runners. We know where the drug kingpins live in Mexico, I say we send in some F15's and missile them out of business. San Diego is lousy with Mexicans.

Ron

Again last night my work friend heard bullets. Probably 20-25. Every time it happens he said all the ladies run into the street. Maybe they are trying to make themselves martyrs or think maybe the shooters will stop shooting if they see people on the street.----yeah right----.
Mexico is a country that doesn't allow it's citizens to bear arms.........................................guaranteeing that only the criminals will have them, apparently.

Last year the government declared that they were going to go after the drug dealers. The drug dealers said screw you, we are taking over. It is a real mess down there right now. The police chiefs and their families are all being targeted if they won't help the drug dealers.

When my wife was young, the drug dealers took over her town. The military eventually drove them off, but it was a really bad time. Overall, the new president has made some great changes to the country. When we went down there last christmas it was really apparent that things were changing for the better. Hopefully, things with the drug dealers will get under control again.

Mexico is experiencing something similar to what the US did with gangsters and smugglers during prohibition. The border zone on the MX was militarized in 2005 and quieted down for a while but it looks like the syndicates were just biding their time and regrouping for an offensive.

I lived in Sierra Vista and this is really nothing new.... The gangs have always run pretty much what ever they wanted and with impunity... the LEO's are as much part of the problem as any of the "thugs"..

Eddie Basha (from Bashas Grocery) proved this out about 30 years ago.. had his car stolen, went into MX himself and stole it back... (Chief of Police in Nogales had it)...

The climate is changing and the LEO's are having their own battle now... MX is not a good place for most US citizens unless you know how it all works... go down there with your mambe pambe squeals and they will just post you to the wall and call you done... (really should be a required part of citizenship.. you have to spend 30 days in MX...... would shut about 99% of the liberals right up.....

start selling drugs at the local walmart and the drug dealers will all leave to find more business.

Well if they all kill each other off, we wont have to worry about illegals:whistle:

Mexico is experiencing something similar to what the US did with gangsters and smugglers during prohibition. The border zone on the MX was militarized in 2005 and quieted down for a while but it looks like the syndicates were just biding their time and regrouping for an offensive.

For Once I Agree with Projerk !!!!!!!!! Leave them Alone !! Don't Go there and Watch (SEAL) the Borders (WITH GUNS AND BIG FREAKIN FENCE) but other than that the People of Mexico NEED to Have there Own Revolution. Or WE should Invade MEXICO and TAKE THERE OIL :super:

For Once I Agree with Projerk !!!!!!!!! Leave them Alone !! Don't Go there and Watch (SEAL) the Borders (WITH GUNS AND BIG FREAKIN FENCE) but other than that the People of Mexico NEED to Have there Own Revolution. Or WE should Invade MEXICO and TAKE THERE OIL :super:

Hey,
Why'd you take your pitbull-boxer off your signature a while back?:poke:
:whistle:

This makes me remember the news from Houston just before Ike hit. The Governor said on national news "our citizens are getting ready for Ike, they are stocking up on bread, water and ammo".... didn't hear about any looting did we:thumbsup:

Most of my friends are named Glock and I feel real safe here.:whistle:

A friend of mine wants to head down Mexico way and pick himself up a senorita that will treat him like a god, settle down and live the good life. More than likely he'll find a senorita who lures him around back, all her cousins ect will jump him....rob him, butt rape him, and stuff his body in a trash can. Just another day in paradise :rofl:

A friend of mine wants to head down Mexico way and pick himself up a senorita that will treat him like a god, settle down and live the good life. More than likely he'll find a senorita who lures him around back, all her cousins ect will jump him....rob him, butt rape him, and stuff his body in a trash can. Just another day in paradise :rofl:

Nonsense, there are a ot of good women in Mexico.. What you are talking about happens in East LA.

Back