IPOD MASTERS? Can I get some gouge?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hey oRgsters,
I just ordered an IPOD - since in about a week, I will be spending 8+ hours a day in the back of a C-130, I figured I would need some tunage! Anyway, I have some music, but no sure how to manage it and haven't really used itunes before - so I ask the masters for any little tips and tricks that might help pul me kicking and screaming into the 1990s... (I am not yet ready to enter the new millenium!)

Thanks,
MCM

I-tunes is pretty easy. I use a Mac and my i-Pod. It's a drag and drop sort of thing to load the music on the pod. Drag from your playlist to the i-pod icon and it loads. Pretty easy sir.

C-130!! Woot! :cheerleader: We make the heads-up for the C-130's. I get the joy of running tests on that stuff before it hits your planes.

Enjoy it as best you can. And I advise a nice pair of ear phones. The standards are alright, but if you can find some of the noise canceling ones they are much better. Especially in a high noise application like that.

If I am off target of what you are looking for here, just smack me and try again :laugh:

Well, I am a windows guy - and here is part of my problem.* I have borrowed my Sister in Law's IPOD a couple of times when she has visited and she usually downloads her music onto my computer... So I have quite a few songs to start with -but, I notice that when I added on of her folders to the itunes, it said it was copying the files, so I am wondering if I have the same library in two different places on my harddrive?* The noise canceling headphones are a good call - I may need to check on that one!Any other tips? TIA! :beerchug::bowdown:

Also make playlists for your different moods. Even if you have thousands of songs, sometimes your just not in the mood for certain types.

HMMM. Great point!

Also make playlists for your different moods. Even if you have thousands of songs, sometimes your just not in the mood for certain types.

I am not sure on the playlist being on the hard drive twice. Was it put somewhere other than i-Tunes? If it was placed in i-Tunes than it should be in just one place, just multiple access points to it.

The playlist is a great point. I use a playlist for my work day, then one for my ride to and from work.... The ride music is a bit faster paced and maybe a little angrier :whistle:

Hey Shawn, send me your email addy that I can drop an 8MB file to, I have some tunes for you if you like any on the list, its 4500 albums. :beerchug:

I dunno about all the ins and outs of various programs, but I do know that I dig I-tunes, and once you get over the initial "I don't wanna Be stuck with I-tunes" I've found that I really enjoy it. Simple clean effective.

Just remember that you're still much better off actually buying the physical CD and Ripping it to I-tunes than to buy on I-tunes. Buy that CD and the music is really yours. No DRM, No bullcrap with managed rights etc... But I dig I-tunes FWIW.

MC:

If she was downloading from somewhere other than iTunes, then it's like putting a CD into your hard drive and copying it to iTunes for playback from the computer or the iPod. Maybe that's why it was making copies.

So, if you don't have iTunes on your computer yet, you'll need to "subscribe" to iTunes to set up an account--it's easy, and you can use a credit card. Just go to Apple.com, select "iPod and iTunes," and download "iTunes 8"--it's free. Once you have it on your computer, you can buy whatever you want (songs, albums, movies, tv shows, podcasts ...), and search for everything under the sun.

Once you've purchased a few songs, etc., follow the directions to connect the iPod to the computer (again, pretty easy), and it should automatically synch with iTunes. It'll tell you when you can disconnect.

Best thing is that you can also add pictures and videos to the iPod. Not sure how that works with Windows, but once iTunes is downloaded and you've synched your music, before you disconnect, look to see if the various tabs in iTunes will allow you to check to synch photos from your windows picture folder.

Godspeed for a safe return.

Brian,Email addys sent.* Thanks!
Hey Shawn, send me your email addy that I can drop an 8MB file to, I have some tunes for you if you like any on the list, its 4500 albums.* :beerchug:

Yeah, I can see where the subscription stuff and purchasing the songs might get to be a pain individually - but it does seem pretty easy; I just have to clean out the junk that I already had mashed around my computer!

I dunno about all the ins and outs of various programs, but I do know that I dig I-tunes, and once you get over the initial "I don't wanna Be stuck with I-tunes" I've found that I really enjoy it. Simple clean effective.

Just remember that you're still much better off actually buying the physical CD and Ripping it to I-tunes than to buy on I-tunes. Buy that CD and the music is really yours. No DRM, No bullcrap with managed rights etc... But I dig I-tunes FWIW.

I think that is what was happening; I have three huge folders on my HD, one is for iTunes and two others are just regular folders... I need to go through and see if there are essentially the same so I can start deleting...

I will have to lok into the video and pics stuff!

Thanks,
Shawn

MC:

If she was downloading from somewhere other than iTunes, then it's like putting a CD into your hard drive and copying it to iTunes for playback from the computer or the iPod. Maybe that's why it was making copies.

So, if you don't have iTunes on your computer yet, you'll need to "subscribe" to iTunes to set up an account--it's easy, and you can use a credit card. Just go to Apple.com, select "iPod and iTunes," and download "iTunes 8"--it's free. Once you have it on your computer, you can buy whatever you want (songs, albums, movies, tv shows, podcasts ...), and search for everything under the sun.

Once you've purchased a few songs, etc., follow the directions to connect the iPod to the computer (again, pretty easy), and it should automatically synch with iTunes. It'll tell you when you can disconnect.

Best thing is that you can also add pictures and videos to the iPod. Not sure how that works with Windows, but once iTunes is downloaded and you've synched your music, before you disconnect, look to see if the various tabs in iTunes will allow you to check to synch photos from your windows picture folder.

Godspeed for a safe return.

the new iTunes Genius playlist maker is the greatest thing for iTunes. Basicly, you pick a song you like. Hit the Genius button, and it makes a playlist of songs that are like the song you start with. IT IS GREAT!!!

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Ive been using iTunes for years.

Josh

the new iTunes Genius playlist maker is the greatest thing for iTunes. Basicly, you pick a song you like. Hit the Genius button, and it makes a playlist of songs that are like the song you start with. IT IS GREAT!!!

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Ive been using iTunes for years.

Josh

I tried that Genius thing this weekend... there aren't many of my songs that GENIUS could match....

But then again.. I'm a limewire-er.. I just drag and drop em into I-tunes :dunno:

welcome to my world (back of a C130) :thumbsup:

mats pic.JPG

welcome to my world (back of a C130) :thumbsup:
:cheerleader: Rock :cheerleader:

I would love to get a chance to ride in one. Seeings as now I make cockpit stuff for them it would be cool to see it working in a real world application!

On topic: I think the masters have spoken and I :bowdown: with my limited knowledge

:cheerleader: Rock :cheerleader:

I would love to get a chance to ride in one. Seeings as now I make cockpit stuff for them it would be cool to see it working in a real world application!

On topic: I think the masters have spoken and I :bowdown: with my limited knowledge

if you were closer I might be able to help ya out. I'm around them 8 hrs a day everyday :laugh:

MC....hope you don't mind my throwing this out there, but since there are so many Itunes geniuses out there I have to ask.

Is there a way to recover an older Itunes acct? When I got my new Ipod it replaced my old itunes. I didn't have a chance to get the old songs that I had already downloaded and paid for.

Am I just Itunes stupid? :lol:

Back