Arizona and why I could never leave it...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Arizona and why I love it.

I truly love this great state. I'm sure Copperone, Mr Biscuit and others will agree. There are so many places and so much History here it would take a great deal of your time to learn it all.

This area sits South of Flagstaff. Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona and Jerome. Prescott sits further West and is just as beautiful. I did not take pictures heading up to Flagstaff. I didn't think of it because my job takes me there.

Without further ado the Arizona landscape. (small portion of it)

Oak Creek Canyon going South to Sedona.

004.jpg

005.jpg

021.jpg

012.jpg

020.jpg

028.jpg

019.jpg

023.jpg

r8

We headed over to one of my favorite places in Arizona. Jerome.

The History of this town still amazes me. I spent several hours in the Muesum and it was insprining to both Mikki and myself. I plan on staying at the Hotel in the future.

If you have the time pour a cup of coffee and click on the link.

Stories about Jerome, Arizona, History - for Jerome, AZ

Largest Copper mine in the US at the time and in 1927 profits were 1 million a month. (think about that)

Jerome.

View attachment 1509588
View attachment 1509589
View attachment 1509590
View attachment 1509591
View attachment 1509592
View attachment 1509593
View attachment 1509594

Hotel and the view out front.

View attachment 1509595
View attachment 1509596

Yea, we have them..

View attachment 1509597

r8

Going home.

149.jpg

137.jpg

144.jpg

158.jpg

About one hour from home.

I always pull over here and tell Mikki to "get out!" :laugh:

156.jpg

GOD Bless America!

r8

great pics... the mrs and i love AZ and plan on moving there upon retirement (still a ways off). actually looking into maybe getting a small condo to get us into the real estate market out there to get our feet wet and have a place for us and friends to stay when we go out for vacations. sedona is beautiful, great little bed and breakfast places too. definitely going to rent a m/c next time out there.

I love Arizona. I thought I'd never leave it either, 16 years ago but had to go to CA to take a much needed job. Really thought I'd go back after a short time but 14 years later, we came to New Mexico. Long story, but really, I know what you mean about AZ. Jerome, Prescott, Oak Creek Canyon, Window Rock, Lukachukai Mountains, Chuska Mountains, and the works. All are spectacular.

Then you have Tombstone, Bisbee, Douglas, Safford, the Chiricahua, Kartchner Caverns, The BioSphere (NOT the BioDome as we were informed in no uncertain terms), and all kinds of other notable historical sites.

Then there is the beauty of Payson, Show Low, The Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater, the Grand Canyon, etc. The list is endless, it seems. More history than you know what to do with.

Living here, though, I'm still in striking distance. I absolutely love where I live now but I love going to AZ and do so as often as possible.

Excellent photos, too, bro.

--Wag--

This shot here is actually Bullhead City where I live. You can see the Colorado River.

On the West side of the river is Nevada. Picture taken at Union Pass, elevation 3200 feet. Bullhead City is 504 feet thus the heat of summer.

r8

158.jpg

great pics man..we gave in last week and bought a house here, we are about 10 miles west of tombstone in sierra vista...it was a rough adjustment coming from alaska, but now we have a pool where the sunsets over the mtns as a veiw and a grassed backyard..move in nov6th so we are way cheezed

again cool shots, that church was nutz

I came very close to moving to Prescott this past summer.
I just love the pace there compared to L.A. People are so calm and self-assured.
Stayed at the Hasayampa(did I spell that right?)

great pics man..we gave in last week and bought a house here, we are about 10 miles west of tombstone in sierra vista...it was a rough adjustment coming from alaska, but now we have a pool where the sunsets over the mtns as a veiw and a grassed backyard..move in nov6th so we are way cheezed

again cool shots, that church was nutz

Welcome and keep the secret. :whistle:

r8

thanks for reminding me how boring Illinois is

Attachments

• corn.bmp
    533.3 KB · Views: 195
Back