STUPID old dvds on new LCD!!!

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
ALOT of my old dvds play only in 4:3 format on my 47" LCD and its TICKIN ME OFF! Zoom does not help. Looks like i'll have to try n find updated versions

yep, full screen sux.... wide screen is your new format..

anamorphic widescreen is the ideal format for a 16-9 screen... will fill the screen with no letterboxes..

are you using an UPSCALING player? That can help the quality. Otherwise, yes, should bought Widescreen versions. People used to whine about black bars on the top and bottom, you got them on the sides. Should still look fine though... just something new to get used to. Wait until you get BLU RAY!!! :D

I HAVE blu-ray. i'm talkin bout the old dvds like Spies Like Us and stuff from that era that play in 4:3 on my big a** tv lol its annoying, i take em right out, can't even watch em it bugs me so much

hahahaha that's too bad. unless it's a real crap movie, you should be able to find old ones "Letter Boxed" at least, real cheap somewhere online.. or maybe not.... that might be the ONLY WAY you can watch those older movies. Deal with it. :)

just remember, it didn't USED to bug like that. ;) just put it in Horizon or Wide mode and call it good. I watch a lot of squashed tv anymore. you get used to it

Back