Chattanooga Jury Indicts UT Student For Hacking Palin E-Mail

and the son of a democratic legislator? you dont think he had some help? oh ouch...

watching "Faith of my Fathers" on the bio channel.

Not much of a decision who to vote for when weighing who gave the most for our country.

Seems a bit excessive. He didn't exactly hack her account, he used the password recovery question and googled about her. Hardly a violent crime. He should have been smart enough to know not to even try but still.. Maybe just ban him from the internet and computers for a couple years, expell him from college, tar and feather him and call it a day :type:

I can't believe he was charged.. Its not even hacking. So now all the spouses/bf/gf can be charged with hacking if they figure out thier BF/GF password??

??? He read her personal email and gained access to her personal information including family cell phone numbers and pictures. Then he posted this information on a public bulletin board. From someone that is an IT director and charged with keeping information safe and secure, I think they should throw the book at him:poke:

I can't believe he was charged.. Its not even hacking. So now all the spouses/bf/gf can be charged with hacking if they figure out thier BF/GF password??

Oh please, call it what you want but he gained access to her personal email account, then posted screenshots of her personal information on a public website. I don't care who the victim is or who the person is that did the act, it is WRONG and ILLEGAL.

The way some of you are thinking you would justify someone breaking into someone elses home as not a big deal as long as the door was not locked. Let it happen to you or one of your family members though and I bet you change your tune. :poke:

The way some of you are thinking you would justify someone breaking into someone elses home as not a big deal as long as the door was not locked. Let it happen to you or one of your family members though and I bet you change your tune. :poke:

+1. It's the same thing, but I'm sure others on here will dissagree.

I hope they hit him with the book. There are :rulez: on the internets. Then maybe someone will Bass Tape him in prison :laugh: then he will know violation

Oh please, call it what you want but he gained access to her personal email account, then posted screenshots of her personal information on a public website. I don't care who the victim is or who the person is that did the act, it is WRONG and ILLEGAL.

Agreed...

??? He read her personal email and gained access to her personal information including family cell phone numbers and pictures. Then he posted this information on a public bulletin board. From someone that is an IT director and charged with keeping information safe and secure, I think they should throw the book at him:poke:

Agree!

Agree!

You know, there are lots of things posted on this forum that are CRAP and this is one of them. There is no comparison whatsoever to a home burglary and any cop worth his.....should know it!

You know, there are lots of things posted on this forum that are CRAP and this is one of them. There is no comparison whatsoever to a home burglary and any cop worth his.....should know it!

I wasn't comparing the two and anyone with any common sense would understand the point I made, I was comparing the train of thought used by some to justify and downplay the actions for this legislator's son. :moon:

Back