Japanese Banks........

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on Northern Rock in the UK , uncertainty has now hit Japan.

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank are soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank are reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

???

if there is any humor to what I have lost this year... well I suppose this might make me feel better :laugh:

.... so now we get to find out what we are really made of.

If the economy folds, we find out who are men and who are mice. Fact is, the entire planet of humans will not simply lay down and die because things fell out of balance... no, we will preserver and rebalance things, money or not. Can't cry over spilled milk, just gotta reach for the towel

I witnessed the EXACT SAME paranoia immediately following 9/11. Everyone was talking doom and gloom and we're all gonna die etc etc, yet some how we moved on and grew past it.

...same thing around December 31, 1999 - fear of 2000 and the world coming to a screeching halt.

Nope. Life goes on. Maybe with a few less "spoiled American" amenities, but it does go on.

The best we can do is continue purchasing normally for our mental and financial health. Someone else spending fills YOUR paycheck, the same as your spending fills thiers. Remember: pulling all our money out and hiding it in our mattresses only CAUSES more economic problems. ... that and buy a gun and learn to grow your own food ;)

The good times are still rolling at Kawasaki bank despite the ugly projections of it's flagship. :whistle:

Back