Balloons

The 12th is the last day, I believe. Get there as early as you can before sunrise! Very cool to see the balloons all lit up like that!

--Wag--

I went one when I was 12 (oh good heavens, that was almost 30 years ago!!).

It was the best family vacation we ever had.

It's definitely worth the trip. Of course, I need to save vacation days for the fall bash now, so we won't be going for awhile.

The weather service says it will be raining on Saturday and Sunday so it may be over early this year. Bummer.

--Wag--

That is so cool...I saw one in Canada years ago; just amazing to see them all heading up :)

Thanks for sharing the pics...

This morning, there were about 300 that went up. Looks pretty cool when you're driving to work and all these early Christmas ornaments are out!

--Wag--

Funny; this morning, about two dozen balloons landed in the parking lot of the building where I work. Kinda cool to see the other end when they wrap things up.

No camera, though. Bummer.

--Wag--

Nice pics!

About 20+ yrs ago, there was a festival in MO called Cloud Bustin'. I went a couple times - really neat seeing all of them go up together!

Ah yes the balloon festival. I used to go there every year and work on a chase crew. Would have gone this year but work is keeping be busy. I think the best part of workin the festival was the Norwegian pilots were crazy folk and the firetruck we used as a chase vehicle had a beer keg in it..... MMMmmm chili beer after a good chase.

Good picks though wag. Maybe ill shout at ya when I head out there to visit my grandmother.. She is right close to Rio Ranche..

You're always welcome to drop in!

--Wag--

Back