Time to get away...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
I didn't realize how much I needed to get away. Last vacation that we got away was five years ago and even that had a tragic ending.

Since then it was always painting, remodeling etc.

When Mikki finally made it back from her transplant ordeal the first of the year she asked if we could get away for my birthday. I said "you bet". Plan it!

So, tomorrow we head up to Sedona for three days of relaxation at a bed and breakfast. We reserved the Miss Kitty room in April.

Here is a link to the Sedona, AZ territory. I'm sure Mr Biscuit has spent some time here also.

r8

Photo Album - Sedona, Arizona accommodations, A Territorial House Bed and Breakfast

A lot of interesting things have happened in and around Sedona...

Enjoy!

way to go! It's amazing how much it helps. The Bash did wonders for me this fall.

Have a great trip, i'm sure you both will enjoy it and not want to come home :cheerleader:

Love that area. Oak Creek Canyon would be my Mecca if it weren't for all the tourists. Still gorgeous, though.

Have a great time!

--Wag--

Love that area. Oak Creek Canyon would be my Mecca if it weren't for all the tourists. Still gorgeous, though.

Have a great time!

--Wag--

Would of made Copperone's event had it not been a week off.

Maybe next time.

r8

ping jeep pink jeep pink jeep :laugh: making me want to move back more and more.. crud...

ping jeep pink jeep pink jeep :laugh: making me want to move back more and more.. crud...

Might just do a Jeep excursion. We decided to just plan nothing and relax. If we decide to go to the Grand Canyon than so be it. :thumbsup: Jerome is in also.

r8

Have a good time man!:thumbsup:

And what happened on the first vacation if you don't mind me askin'.????

Motorcycle trip to Harley 100 th. with my best friend. While traveling Nebraska a farmer turned left in front of him taking his life and severe injuries to his wife. We both saw it and Mikki did 6 months of therapy and 4 years off a motorcycle.

Spent the next week in Nebraska taking care of everything. Mikki was in mild shock and heat stroke. I had David dead, his wife in severe condition and Mikki hospitalized at the same time. It is one part of my life I don't want to do again.

It affected Mikki so bad I had to drive in the parking lot at 10 mph until she felt she could ride home. We came home (slowly) and sold the Goldwing.

As GMBusa said, I think of him everyday. RIP David. I miss you. This was the morning of his death.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

r8

View attachment 1509268

I'm happy for you guys getting away. Enjoy yourselves:beerchug:

I'm sorry to hear about David. RIP

I would like to add that the Citizens of Nebraska are the nicest people I have come to know. The support, love, comfort and understanding will never be forgotten.

Motorcycle club members came to the Hospital and offered their assistance. It left a lasting impression on me.

One thing I will say. They love the Cornhuskers!

r8

View attachment 1509269

Back