BayFest Music Festival

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so each year Mobile AL (thats my home turf) has this kick azz music festival that runs from Friday to Sunday, covers about 10 city blocks in down town and has bands that play from noon until... each night.
This year the line ups included Kid Rock, Nelly, Better than Ezra.... the list goes on and on....
Anyhoo, being the weird business that I am in, I contract with the city and do things to help.... facilitate the event. Our team worked about 30 hours in the three days and I always take the Busa there to save me from walking, besides, the stage managers love to check out the bike!

Thought yall might like a few pics!

Before the event...
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back Stage at the Pepsi Stage

In front of the AT&T Stage, they were kicking out some pre-event jams during this pic and it da*ned near knocked the bike over!

This is called the Launching Pad stage, smaller acts jam on this one. I rode over there to conduct business and snapped a shot. There was a band doing a photo op at the time.

The Mobile PD have this really skilled troupe of biker cops that do Mardi Gras parades each year and I love to stop and mix it up with them. These guys can REALLY ride those big bikes. They do some really cool riding displays during Mardi Gras wherein they turn in really tight circles and do (air show like) routines for the crowds. They can da*ned near turn those bikes in circles no bigger than two parking spots - matter of fact, biker cops from as far as Michigan come here during Mardi Gras to train with our men in blue, ok, this was BayFest but they are still out policing the deal. Anyway, I had to get a shot of one of them... This guy told me that he had never ridden before he took the MPD course!
Cool dude and I told him to come check out the .oRg to see himself.... Hope ya made it!!!

There are tons of vendors at this thing.... But Jack Links has the best friggin commercials and today I stopped and chatted with these guys. Way cool! I MESSED WITH SASQUATCH!

Thats it folks.
BayFest is over, I feel like I have been pulled through a keyhole and NEED some sleep.
Yall ride safe!

Looks like a good time, even if you are working. Summer is over here, so it looks even better to me.

Guess I will add my pix from BayFest.

My attempt at trying to take a picture while standing on a stage and everyone rocking out on it.

This is Candlebox from Friday night. After I took this pic I went back stage, good thing too the railing broke and 3 people fell off. OUCH!

100_3910.jpg

Saturday night at the Kid Rock concert...these 2 bimbos...errrr.... I mean young ladies were kind enough to stand in from of us at the VIP room (its actually a parking garage)

100_3965.jpg

100_3966.jpg

I sooooo need a better camera. Most of my pictures came out so blurry as you can tell from this one.

100_3975.jpg

I didn't get to see all the bands I wanted to but I sure did have a great time thanks to my wonderful husband who had to work the event....thank you dear for the VIP passes!!:thumbsup:

It happens the 1st weekend of Oct. every year! I need some hard core rock n rollers to go with me....my friends just aint as heavy metal as I am

if there was a vip ticket waiting for me when i get the, i may be persuaded into coming up for a weekend trip ( hint hint ) :whistle:

Back