Spiders: what are they thinking??

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I live in an apartment [because I'm too busy or lazy for yard work] and keep it pretty clean, spraying to eliminate bugs once or twice a year. Every now and then I get one lonely spider making a web at some place in the bedroom or bathroom. Not a lot but it gets me thinking, "are these guys stupid or what?" My place is NOT a mecca for roving flys, bugs or crumbs or whatever spiders need to live on. So, he makes this pathetic web behind the toilet or under my clear glass scale, and just sits there. Waiting. Waiting for what? There won't be an ant crawling by there for, oh say another year, LONG after this chap has curled his 8 legs up and gone belly up on the floor. What an idiot! How do they think? ? ?

"Gee, here's a nice clean white bathroom.... I bet lots of food crawls through here on it's way to the kitchen... I'll catch them here and they'll never see it coming... HEHEHEHE HAHAHAHAHA"!

Idiots. And where do they crawl in from? Are there multi generational spider families living in between the walls? They can't live that long, so to grow up, leave the nest and set out on their own to build their paradise lifestyle in my bug deprived bathroom, must be a short trip. And how do those families stay alive with so little food coming from me? Do they just eat each other, reproduce and eat each other again?

Can't they smell more life OUTSIDE the apartment? I'm ground floor, so surely there is a buffet of meals right outside they are totally missing.

Are they the morons of the animal life kingdom? Idiots!

I'd post a pic, but I vacuumed him up. :p so, call peta on me

:dunno: you do have a good point. Maybe they would rather starve to death than go outside and get eaten by birds.

Sounds like you need to use an indoor spray that kills bugs and SPIDERS!! :thumbsup: I spray outside and inside. The wifey freaks out when she sees bugs! :laugh:

oh I use spray that does spiders too. I just dont get it. they sit there waiting for food in a place where it's never gonna happen!

I have wondered the same thing. But when we were in our townhouse I figured out that the nieghbors can cause more spiders than you can kill. Especially if they have pets and kids.

That and spiders are stupid.

Ask Mrs. Captain about spiders. Thats funny stuff there. She may not be able to tell what their thinking but she can tell you how to run away really fast and pick up the biggest thing you can and kill them.:rofl:

Well if I had to guess I would guess that your spider is an under achiever.

Probably always sat in the back of the class growing up, always doing the minimum required to get by in life.

Probably ignores his parents teaching and advice when it came to trying to find a good location for a home to raise and feed a family.

He was probably a loner spider and didn’t interact with other spiders very well. Probably ostracized by his peers and forced to live a life of solitude. He probably chose the location behind the toilet so he could get high on the fumes and stayed in a constant state of euphoria from the methyl gas fumes. It probably was the only thing that eased the pains he has endured in life due to his lazyiness.

Your vacuuming him up probably would have normally ended his miserable existence and would have been gladly welcomed by him. But as life would have it, it can never be easy, never an “easy” way out. He is now alive in your vacuum bag, crushed between trash, unable to find food and cursing your ineptitude at stomping out his miserable existence and only making his misery into a living hell!!

He is now driven by the shear hatred and desire for revenge that he is planning on enacting upon you once he escapes!!! He can envision it now, crawling out of the garbage he is in, finding something to eat ONLY so it can provide him the strength to exact his revenge!! He will eat and oh yes he will eat!! He will become strong!! STRONGER THAN ALL OF THOSE THAT CURSED HIS NAME IN THE NIGHT!!

HE WILL FIND YOU!! WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING!! AND THEN…. AND THEN.. MUAH HA HA!!

Probably always sat in the back of the class growing up, always doing the minimum required to get by in life.

Probably ignores his parents teaching and advice when it came to trying to find a good location for a home to raise and feed a family.

He was probably a loner spider and didn’t interact with other spiders very well. Probably ostracized by his peers and forced to live a life of solitude. He probably chose the location behind the toilet so he could get high on the fumes and stayed in a constant state of euphoria from the methyl gas fumes. It probably was the only thing that eased the pains he has endured in life due to his lazyiness.

Your vacuuming him up probably would have normally ended his miserable existence and would have been gladly welcomed by him. But as life would have it, it can never be easy, never an “easy” way out. He is now alive in your vacuum bag, crushed between trash, unable to find food and cursing your ineptitude at stomping out his miserable existence and only making his misery into a living hell!!

He is now driven by the shear hatred and desire for revenge that he is planning on enacting upon you once he escapes!!! He can envision it now, crawling out of the garbage he is in, finding something to eat ONLY so it can provide him the strength to exact his revenge!! He will eat and oh yes he will eat!! He will become strong!! STRONGER THAN ALL OF THOSE THAT CURSED HIS NAME IN THE NIGHT!!

:poke: I think you need to get outside Thrash

Maybe he's waiting for a bail out. Thinking that if he keeps screwing up while everything else is being flushed down the toilet by others around him, somebody might bail him out with some charity flies or bugs...........:whistle:

I killed spiders Friday... The wife was tired of them hanging out around the porch light...

Jezz Runeight, is that REAL? It could eat a baby!

thrasher, thanks. i won't be able to sleep for the next month :D

Next on DATELINE: Are slacker spiders stalking you?? I'm Stone Philips....

Your vacuuming him up probably would have normally ended his miserable existence and would have been gladly welcomed by him. But as life would have it, it can never be easy, never an “easyâ€￾ way out. He is now alive in your vacuum bag, crushed between trash, unable to find food and cursing your ineptitude at stomping out his miserable existence and only making his misery into a living hell!!

HEY,........that's exactly what I was thinking!! :cookoo:

Back