Can You Drive a STICK ?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
Do you FREAKIN Realize How many Young People Can't Drive a Stick ???

I know I am OLD but there are a lot of DUMBAZZEZ in the World that Cannot Drive a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. :flush: My First CAR was a 4 Speed Chevy Spectrum. :wow:

I got a guy and I won't Name any Names because he is a Member Here on the Org (GREYROCKET) that currently is Employed at my Fine Establishment that Does Not Know How To Drive a Manual Transmission....:wtf:

You Ride the MOST POWERFULL FREAKING MACHINE ON THE PLANET and you Can't Drive a Manual Transmission ???

This is What is Wrong with the Younger Generation !!!!!!!!! They ALL are a BUNCH of FEMALE CAT'S !!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

im 27 now, dad tried 2 teach me on his '92 S-10 when i was like 15 or 16 and i couldnt get it. my roommate has a 01 camaro SS and i learned on it when i was like 23. i stalled the 1st time but after that i got it like it was 2nd nature... minus the time i stalled it going in revers down a hill :rofl:

I First Learned on a 71 Ford F100 3 On a TREE :thumbsup:

I had alot of fun IN that TRUCK if YA KNOW what I Mean :bowdown:

I can drive one of these :poke: does that count? ???

Seriously, I went to my local Ford dealer one day for an oil change. I was on my way out of town and I was in a hurry. The tech that was going to do said change went out and got in my truck sat there for a few minutes and came back in to the service desk. He asked the guy at service desk if he could have someone pull it around to his bay. The guy asked why? and the tech said it is a manual and I can't drive one. I asked for a different tech to change my oil!!

My son by the way took his driving test in this very same truck. It is his truck now.

flame on i tried on a 95 honda accord and i stalled so many times he just got pissed. there you go robert that was be for i rode a bike about 10 years ago. i have never trided since then

hmmm not all youngsters cant drive.. ! i learned at 16.. and the legal age for driving in this country is 18..

So....:poke:

im 27 now, dad tried 2 teach me on his '92 S-10 when i was like 15 or 16 and i couldnt get it. my roommate has a 01 camaro SS and i learned on it when i was like 23. i stalled the 1st time but after that i got it like it was 2nd nature... minus the time i stalled it going in revers down a hill :rofl:

same here, but it was a '77

I can drive one of these :poke: does that count? ???

Seriously, I went to my local Ford dealer one day for an oil change. I was on my way out of town and I was in a hurry. The tech that was going to do said change went out and got in my truck sat there for a few minutes and came back in to the service desk. He asked the guy at service desk if he could have someone pull it around to his bay. The guy asked why? and the tech said it is a manual and I can't drive one. I asked for a different tech to change my oil!!

My son by the way took his driving test in this very same truck. It is his truck now.

You Raised Your KID WELL !!!!!!!!!!!! Congrads :thumbsup:

flame on i tried on a 95 honda accord and i stalled so many times he just got pissed. there you go robert that was be for i rode a bike about 10 years ago. i have never trided since then

It`s all about friction zone, rev it up and find that sweet spot.

I think it would be effortless to learn to drive a stick today, something like a Toyoya you can just let the clutch out slowly without any gas and off you go, they practically shift themselves, well kinda:laugh: My dad insisted that the first car I drove be something a bit more challenging, a 1950 Ford Falcon 3 speed on the column, oh what a fine automobile that was. :cheerleader:

ok so i have access to a mid 90's dodge ram 5 speed is this good practice. yeah i have rode a bus every day for the last 6 years and i mean every day

its me and i have not tried in 10 years

Try it again, or he will tell whole damn world that you unable to learn...

First sit in the car with engine off, depress the clutch and start shifting gears fast, until you can do it without looking down. Cars tranny has synchronizes, unlike motorcycles. You don`t have to switch sequentially like bikes.

Then start the engine and learn friction zone of the clutch.

You will be moving in no time.. :beerchug:

Back