Been having a hard time lately.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
It's been 5 months since my older sister passed from Lukemia and because of her treatments I could barely speak to her for almost a year. Maybe a minute her and there. The other day while at work I was thinking that I'd give her a call since I haven't spoken to her in a while, and then reality hits. Part of me forgets she's gone. Like I can stop by her house and bother her like a younger brother is supposed to. It's hard to handle at times. A flood of emotion falls over me, instant tears. Then I will be alright for a while.

I still hear her voice time to time, as if she's 2 steps behind me.

Miss you Susie..

My heart goes out to you Paul. It will take time for this wound to heal. Keep you chin up and let the tears fall, they will make you feel better and letting the emotions out is a healthy thing. We are here for you brother.

Never feel bad for remembering. Better that than to forget. She lives on because of your memories of her. Keep being the kind of man she could have been proud of and that will help to keep her memory alive and fresh within you.

A true man can shed a tear for his loved ones.

--Wag--

I know that feeling exactly! My brother passed a few months ago too and I think of him all the time. I even reach for the phone sometimes to talk to him but realize...we were very close and I miss him terribly. His birthday was just a few days ago on September 25th.

Life, even under the best of circumstance is just too damn short.

It's been 5 months since my older sister passed from Lukemia and because of her treatments I could barely speak to her for almost a year. Maybe a minute her and there. The other day while at work I was thinking that I'd give her a call since I haven't spoken to her in a while, and then reality hits. Part of me forgets she's gone. Like I can stop by her house and bother her like a younger brother is supposed to. It's hard to handle at times. A flood of emotion falls over me, instant tears. Then I will be alright for a while.

I still hear her voice time to time, as if she's 2 steps behind me.

Miss you Susie..

She is behind you every step you take,The life leaves the body,the soul is there forever.Keep ya head up.

Try to remember the good times with her; that's the only way I remember my Mom. My prayers go out to you, and God bless your sister.

Never feel bad for remembering. Better that than to forget. She lives on because of your memories of her. Keep being the kind of man she could have been proud of and that will help to keep her memory alive and fresh within you.

--Wag--

+1000 Very well said!

Paul, you are not alone. My mother was hit by a car and died the next day in 1994. It took me a few yrs to accept it and move on. Time will heal all, but it never really goes away. This is why i say to enjoy life to the fullest and always make sure that you find time for your loved ones. You never ever know when they or you will be gone.

I kinda know what you're going threw. My cousin committed suicide 2 years ago. (He was my roomate for 3 years) Six months later my step sister dies in her sleep. Then a month later my aunt dies from cancer. It was really hard for me for a while. It does get easier. I was the closest to my cousin. We would go fishing and hunting all the time together, I even got him into motorcycles until he got married and the wifey made him give that up.

I still think of my cousin every time I go pheasant hunting and wish he could be there.

Last edited:
My grandmom passed away 5 days ago and I tell u i regret every minute i did not spend with her. Spending more time with family should make it easier on you.

I know what you are going through. You need to cherish those memories. She will always be with you. You never truly get over it. My dad passed 8 years ago and I am still not over. I never realized how great a dad I had until he was gone. There have been many times when I wish I could pick up the phone and talk to him.

Keep you head up. The hell with what others may think. If you need to let out a good cry, let it out. It is good therapy.

your never going to stop hearing her! She will be with you allways!

wow i feel your pain my brother had a close call with leuk earlier this year and it scared the hell outa me the way his tests were running im sorry bud i wish there was something i could say to make you feel better

--Wag--

Excellent Wag.

To this day I think of two very special people in my life who have passed.

Paul,

I am right there with you.

r8

i know exactly how you feel, my sister passed away 1n 1993 of lung cancer and she was only 43. it was very diificult, time will heel the pain you are going through. it is tough but keep your chin up and think of all the good times.

Back