Fieldsheer Mercury Pants

jefferycarman

Lost and confused
Donating Member
Registered
So I bought some rain pants for the upcoming rainy times.

I decided to go with the Fieldsheer Mercury's in all black.

FIELDSHEER The Official Site

I looked through many catalogs and tried on a few of the ones I liked at a couple of shops. The decision came down to a few things. First the Mercury is advertised as 100% waterproof but still breathable. I will attest to that. They keep the water out, even in heavy rain as I experienced today, and you don't overheat in the warmer weather. Second they also have a removable liner. Which is great for me. I leave for work before it's light out, and it's cold, so liner goes in. On the way home from work it's usually 60+ degrees out, so I pull the liner out and heat is not an issue. They breath exceptionally well. Third was of course looks. I am goofy enough looking, so my pants shouldn't add too much to that :thumbsup: on the looks, in my opinion

I commute daily on the bike. With the exception of ice and snow I will ride. I just love to and use any excuse to. So now that I have been wearing them daily for a week, not too long before the first rains came, I believe they are actually a very comfortable fit as well. A bit snug with the liner on, but that's several layers in all, but nothing too drastic. They are formed for sports riding, so a bit of a lean doesn't make them high water on you. Yes I did a full tuck with them on, no issues there, but I always buy my pants a little long, so that may have contributed to that.

All in all these pants met and exceeded my expectations for the gear. The price(159.99 on the site) was not bad, although you can get unlined sets for the same price or less, I am happy with the product at price. It's great as rain gear and as cold weather gear. Just adding days to the riding calendar.

I've been wearing a pair of FS overpants that have served me well except for the waterproof part. After 5-6 years they finally let a little water in. Great pants though in all kinds of weather.

Back