In nyc, hawk in my neighbors back yard ??

shean1

Registered
Hey guys, take A look at this picture, hopefully it loads correctly.
This Bird seems to be hanging out from time to time in my neighbors back yard.. There are renters in the house and they don't give a crap about the back yard as the tall grass will indicate.

My real question is can any of you positively identify this bird ?? I know for sure its a Bird of prey, after a little research on my part I was thinking Red tail Hawk ??? Keep in mind this picture is taken within the five boroughs of NYC.. Bronx to be exact...

I don't know that I trust having this bird hanging around....

hope my picture loads up..

elias bd and florida pics 002.jpg

Lots of bird of prey in the cities including Falcons. They are moving there because of great nest areas and plenty of rats for food. Very neat.

He'll make sure the rodents don't get in your place :thumbsup:

Yep was thinnking that that However, should I be concenered about this beird around my kids?? that was my first thought ....
This picture does not do this bird justice.... Its a large animal .........

I have a ton around my house all the time I saw one grab a smaller bird and just destory it.... not going to lie it was pretty awesome to see. I have a vary small dog and I have never had a problem with him and a bunch of kids running around the streets no worries he wont bug you even though I wish he would take our neighbors fat arse cat that they let roam the streets.

Last edited:
Yep was thinnking that that However, should I be concenered about this beird around my kids?? that was my first thought ....
This picture does not do this bird justice.... Its a large animal .........

I do not think you will have anything to worry about in regard to the kids.

It looks like a red-tailed hawk to me. They nest near my house. Of course we have neighborhood deer, racoons, cyoties, (SP?) skunks, etc too.

they make bb guns for areason:laugh:
popping a bird of prey can net you a pretty hefty problem with the feds (and they actually investigate this stuff)

We have a couple around the house and they keep the friggen flying rats away (Pigeons) and the rodents at bay...

they are great neighbors..

popping a bird of prey can net you a pretty hefty problem with the feds (and they actually investigate this stuff)

We have a couple around the house and they keep the friggen flying rats away (Pigeons) and the rodents at bay...

they are great neighbors..

yeah I dont really have a problem with them read post above just givin some tips if he feels the need to get rid of this thing or he can also call the animal control even though they will probably tell him to deal with it.

I would be very proud to have a beautiful bird of prey like that in my neighborhood. Vultures on the other hand would give me the creeps.

dude that bird won`t bother you . they keep the rodents down here in the 5 burrs, we probably need alot more. :laugh:

dude that bird won`t bother you . they keep the rodents down here in the 5 burrs, we probably need alot more. :laugh:

Thanks for all the advice... I don't take any chances with my kids..
This bird will sit for an hour or so an not even take out squirrels and cats that I see cross its path, so it must be pretty well fed..

Back