Mental exercises = lower insurance cost

el stumpo

Registered
From a tech blog I read....

Under the premise that the most dangerous part of a car is a loose nut behind the wheel, Allstate is always looking for anything that might make its insurance customers safer drivers. Now it's wondering if a good dose of video gaming could help, specifically by boosting the mental agility of drivers over 50. To find out, the company is conducting a pilot program among 100,000 Pennsylvania customers aged 50-75, offering them a copy of "Burnout Revenge" ... no, wait ... offering them a package of five brain-training games developed by Posit Science and backed by studies saying they can reverse age-related cognitive decline. The puzzle games are built to exercise things like focus, visual alertness and reactions. Over the course of the trial, playing time will be charted and the driving records of players and non-players will be compared. Allstate says that if a solid correlation can be found between brain fitness training and a lower accident rate, it may offer discounts to those who work out. Any hours spent playing "Grand Theft Auto" would, of course, work the other way.

So, theoretically, my children should now be better drivers than I am :laugh:

must be why I'm such a bad driver.. in my free time I hope on GTA San Andreas, still cars and run them into other cars to try to make cool expolsions.. and the motorcycles.. well.. I usually ramp a hill and jump off mid air to see how far I can make them fly :)

Back