Ebay advice

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
No disrespect to the Org. but I sold something on ebay. Buyer paid promptly through paypal, label was printed from paypal verified info and shipped promptly, PO tracking verified it was delivered and I even called USPS cust service to confirm it. Gave all this info to the buyer and he still says didn't receive it and could I put a trace on it - wtf? I really want to tell the guy that he's an idiot, not my style - most of the time. Told him to check with his family members,neighbors,local P.O. I know,karma for not trying the Org first. Thoughts?

I am going thru same thing if you don't insure it no signature is required and they can leave on the doorstep..if someone picks it up and he doesn't it still is never recieved..Be careful folks always add insurance it requires a signature,and will be the only thing that holds you not liable..

Did you offer insurance? Is so and he declined, it's his issue. You have PoD (proof of delivery).

I'd have him check around and check neighbors. Has he filed w/Paypal yet?

Good luck

I am going thru same thing if you don't insure it no signature is required and they can leave on the doorstep..if someone picks it up and he doesn't it still is never recieved..Be careful folks always add insurance it requires a signature,and will be the only thing that holds you not liable..
Proof of delivery requirements are different with the amount of money that changed hands.. $250 is the break point.. you MUST HAVE a signature verification on anything at or above...

you must also offer insurance (they must decline it) on the same items..

USPS, FedEx, UPS "delivery confirmation means nothing at all unless it is "signed" for... I am out $500 due to these little caveats to "buyer/seller" protection offered by Paypal/Ebay...

Did you offer insurance? Is so and he declined, it's his issue. You have PoD (proof of delivery).

I'd have him check around and check neighbors. Has he filed w/Paypal yet?

Good luck

Yes, insurance is offered on all auctions, he declined. I do everything through Ebay/PayPal = Sales, purchase and print labels USPS or UPS etc, the extra fees are worth the security and conveniences. I did also tell him to check with his family,neighbors and local P.O.

Last edited:
worse case scenario for you is negative feedback, theres really not anything you can do about that. rest assured you can not please everone on fleabay, its loaded with crooks and con artist now, they will take your stuff and lie till the vols win another big game. and thats going to be a long long time.

if you feel comfortable he got it and is trying to pull one on you. tell him its his, he did not take the insurance its his puppy now.

When USPS says it's confirmed delivered it dosen't mean it was delivered to your addressee. Sounds bizarre but it's true. The carrier just marks it delivered, he could of left it at the same house number one street over. It was signed for so what? They make no effort to confirm the identity of the person signing

Same thing with a USPS tracking number. They can't track a package with it, they can only tell were it was, they have no clue where it's going to until it gets there. Sounds bizzare but it's true.

Bad thing is, the scammers know this so who knows who's telling the truth. At least when you buy you can choose who you deal with, sellers can't unless you specify feedback levels in the auction. You should just include the insurance in you shipping cost and not let the buyer opt out.

Back