Cop that tasered man committed suicide

It wasn't the cop that tasered it was the LT that made the call to. He was bashed so much in the media and felt guilty for what happened. Call it what you will, he was not given a fair trail. He was found guilty by the media.

It wasn't the cop that tasered it was the LT that made the call to. He was bashed so much in the media and felt guilty for what happened. Call it what you will, he was not given a fair trail. He was found guilty by the media.
Yea, your right. I diddent read the whole story before i posted this thread.

Yeah I learned my lesson about police.

I am pro police, I have friends that are officers and I would back them up in a hear beat.

However I dont think I will ever again call them out for a family matter.

I did it once and the officers made the situation worse and a family member ended up being placed in custody and forced to go to a hospital to be evaluated.

In the end it wasnt needed and caused a great deal of more problems.

The bottom line is once you get police involved in something it can and often will spin out of control. so when it comes to family issues, better make sure you really want the police involved because once they are involved you basically lose control over the situation and things can happen that you didnt want to happen.

Sometimes this is due to the individual officers, and sometimes it is due to legality issues as far as once an officer is made aware of a situation they cant just look the other way.

Yeah I learned my lesson about police.

I am pro police, I have friends that are officers and I would back them up in a hear beat.

However I dont think I will ever again call them out for a family matter.

I did it once and the officers made the situation worse and a family member ended up being placed in custody and forced to go to a hospital to be evaluated.

In the end it wasnt needed and caused a great deal of more problems.

The bottom line is once you get police involved in something it can and often will spin out of control. so when it comes to family issues, better make sure you really want the police involved because once they are involved you basically lose control over the situation and things can happen that you didnt want to happen.

Sometimes this is due to the individual officers, and sometimes it is due to legality issues as far as once an officer is made aware of a situation they cant just look the other way.
It's never good to have someone else taking care of your business. Especially if you think they may handle it in a way you don't want.

If you don't want your business out of your control, don't put someone else in control.

This was a crappy situation, with a bad decision made. We do not have all the facts, probably never will, and yet a man was judged as guilty. He may have had a rational reason, in his mind, for making that call at the moment. I am sure it was a high stress situation (yeah he should have had adequate training for it) that called for immediate decisions. In this case not only is he responsible for the EDP's safety, he has bystanders and hhis fellow officers safety to take care of as well. In my honest opinion, if the police are called out to a dangerous situation, and a person forces them to choose between the cops safety and the persons... Sorry, person loses everytime.

That being said, yeah, it could have been handled better, but the media didn't have to destroy him entirely before all the facts came out.

Of course that's what they do.

Man, thats sad! I feel sorry for the guy, he just made a mistake...:(
A mistake the media decided to sensationalize. Right or wrong did he really deserve the way he was treated?

Doesn't really matter for him now. Sad.

What a shame. That is why I do not trust the media. They are not here for us, they are here to make a dollar.
RIP LT, I am sorry it came to this for you.

Hey, the media didn't kill either one of these people.
I am not saying they killed him. But they did mis represent the situation, in my opinion, as usual. They jump to conclusions, then dig up dirt, and then begin a smear campaign. Do you think he would have killed himself without the media jumping all over him? If he wasn't painted as the villian of the year? I don't think he would have, but we will never know.

I would just rather see the system be allowed to work, rather than judged by ratings.

The media acted in the same way many members on this board did when the first thread hit. Even though I stated I did not condone, agree or support any of the actions I was bashed for saying that we should not pass judgement until all of the facts are made.

Sad to hear this as when it comes to careers, law enforcement has the highest rate of suicide in this nation.

No matter the story, it is a sad thing to hear another human say this officer deserved what happened. That tells me a lot about a person when they make a statement such as that. The loss of one life was bad enough, why would anyone feel good about the loss of another??

The media acted in the same way many members on this board did when the first thread hit. Even though I stated I did not condone, agree or support any of the actions I was bashed for saying that we should not pass judgement until all of the facts are made.

Sad to hear this as when it comes to careers, law enforcement has the highest rate of suicide in this nation.

No matter the story, it is a sad thing to hear another human say this officer deserved what happened. That tells me a lot about a person when they make a statement such as that. The loss of one life was bad enough, why would anyone feel good about the loss of another??

+1 man, couldn't have said it better myself, I think we've just got an infestation of anti-cop critters around here...*shakes head*

Another pointless death.. Depressing
my feeling exactly... taking pleasure in this second death is pretty sad...

Sad state of affairs when people loose compassion for others (based on a short video shot off a phone with no idea of the circumstances)

Guess you never know what people are made of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Busa
What do ya think now? The cop that tasered that poor man on the ledge in NY commited suicide. I dont feel one bit sorry for that f-ing coward, sefish cop for killing himself.

and this speaks volumes...

Last edited by a moderator:
What do ya think now? The cop that tasered that poor man on the ledge in NY commited suicide. I dont feel one bit sorry for that f-ing coward, sefish cop for killing himself.
Cop tasers man: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/95375-naked-man-tasered.html
Cop who tasered man committed suicide: wcco.com - New York Police Department Lieutenant Michael Pigot Commits Suicide After Taser Death

From reading the information it was the Lt that gave permission to taser not the actual officer that tased Mr. Morales.

Back