Need some advice

ToyKraz

Collector of Toyz
Donating Member
Registered
My wife is pushing me to sell the Busa NOW! I have it listed in the classifieds on EBC and just reduced the price to $12K. Is that price unreasonable? I will take any reasonable offer and move this bike in the next week or two.

This is turning into a big fight with her since she is concerned that with the new business I am starting in Oregon, I cannot afford to go down or get hurt.

Make me an offer. Don't worry you will not insult me. Look in the classifieds at the EBC to see all the mods. I have over $20K in the bike.

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

It currently has 6200 unraced or hotrodded miles

I apologize to the mods for putting this here.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Last edited:
unless it's too personal, why is the wife wanting you to sell it NOW?
Money? Danger? ....control?

Just get some disability insurance and call it a day.

Sweet lookin' bike, though. I agree. Sell the wife. I bet you can get some decent bucks for her! :laugh:

--Wag--

unless it's too personal, why is the wife wanting you to sell it NOW?
Money? Danger? ....control?

No not personal at all. Money is no issue. Hence the reason I am willing to take a HUGE loss.

Danger or concern for safety is part of her concern. I just invested heavily in stating a new business in Oregon. She is afraid that if something happnes to me we will lose everything.

My wife is pushing me to sell the Busa NOW! I have it listed in the classifieds on EBC and just reduced the price to $12K. Is that price unreasonable? I will take any reasonable offer and move this bike in the next week or two.

This is turning into a big fight with her since she is concerned that with the new business I am starting in Oregon, I cannot afford to go down or get hurt.

Make me an offer. Don't worry you will not insult me. Look in the classifieds at the EBC to see all the mods. I have over $20K in the bike.

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

It currently has 6200 unraced or hotrodded miles

I apologize to the mods for putting this here.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

I've seen your bike and did the Lake Mead ride when I was in Vegas...VERY well done :thumbsup:

It's just that the ecomomy sucks and winter is right around the corner :(

Sorry to hear you are going to let your bike go. I can't say that I agree with your reason for doing so. I suppose in the interest of "domestic tranquility", you gotta do what you gotta do.

Your bike is gorgeous, but I think 12K is high, especially with the new '09s being released. I hate to say it, but there's no shortage of 'Busas for sale right now.

Do you think you could compromise with your wife and simply agree to not ride the bike, versus parting with it?

Whatever the outcome, best of luck with everything!

Just get some disability insurance and call it a day.

Sweet lookin' bike, though. I agree. Sell the wife. I bet you can get some decent bucks for her! :laugh:

--Wag--

Send me your address. She will be on a bus to you tomorrow... NO CHARGE! :laugh:

I haven't had one of those in a long time, a wife that is. Since money is no problem, why sell it at all? And if you do sell it, try selling it when all the new year models aren't hitting the showrooms, like late spring or early summer.

In all Sincerity my Wife HATES my BUSA. She Like's the M109R :dunno: She things its SAFER even though it handles like a TRUCK. My Wife knows that my Bikes are my only way out Sometimes........... :afro:

Nothing is gunna happen to you! You can get just as hurt crossing the street, driving your cage, falling off a ladder, drowning in the pool swimming, flying in a plane, need I go on?
Brad, if I even remotely thought "Something is gunna happen" to me, I'd be too scared to ride.
I dont care what anyone says, you only live once man! :beerchug:

Keep it and enjoy it....

And nothing against you, but that would be the day that my wife ever told me to get rid of my bike.

Last edited:
Send me your address. She will be on a bus to you tomorrow... NO CHARGE! :laugh:

Unfortunately, I already have one of my own.

We could trade?! Maybe I could convert her for ya?!! If you have horses and dogs, she'd be up there in a heartbeat!

(Never. Mine lets me buy bikes!)

--Wag--

Understand the concern, but like Brendan said the possibility of getting hurt exists 24/7. Certainly need to be careful, but selling the Busa might be a little much.

What business did you start up here? :poke: Need any employees :whistle:

On topic:
There isn't a need to sell the bike for money, it's just for safety? It was well said by Brendan, you can get hurt anywhere. I know a lot of people who ride, and more who have been hurt doing other stuff. Get the disability insurance, don't ride for a bit to calm her nerves, and live life!

If you don't want to and don't need to, then don't get rid of it. Just work on some comprimises.

if you have stock parts to replace the good stuff, you will probably recover more parting them than selling them with the bike..

I fully understand your spot... I raced 170 mph drag boats for a good many years and it cost me 2 wives.... (loosing a couple racers/friends a year to crashes does strange things to women)..

I was racing when I met them so adios sweetheart....

So long as the choice is YOURS to sell the bike, have at it.. :) if it is only because of her? good luck.. you will end up resenting the move..

The reason to sell makes little difference..

Last edited:
I just sold my busa amd got an m109. I'm not sure I go so far as to say it is a safer bike. It still hauls butt. Anyway if you sell it you may be angry at yourself and harbor resentment for your wife. This is control and it doesn't belong in a marriage. Personal happiness revolves partly around a healthy dose of self respect. In the long run you will be unhappy that you sold your bike, that you let your wife manipulate you in this manner, and there is a distinct possibility that your wife will loose respect for you because you didn't hold your ground. Women are funny this way. They want to change you and then loose respect for you when you give in! You can be a man and hold your ground in a polite and calm way that will speak volumes about you.

I would NOT sell your bike for the reasons you stated in your posts!!!

I just sold my busa amd got an m109. I'm not sure I go so far as to say it is a safer bike. It still hauls butt. Anyway if you sell it you may be angry at yourself and harbor resentment for your wife. This is control and it doesn't belong in a marriage. Personal happiness revolves partly around a healthy dose of self respect. In the long run you will be unhappy that you sold your bike, that you let your wife manipulate you in this manner, and there is a distinct possibility that your wife will loose respect for you because you didn't hold your ground. Women are funny this way. They want to change you and then loose respect for you when you give in! You can be a man and hold your ground in a polite and calm way that will speak volumes about you.

I would NOT sell your bike for the reasons you stated in your posts!!!

You are absolutely right on the mark about how they can be. Wow! I thought I only thought like this

No not personal at all. Money is no issue. Hence the reason I am willing to take a HUGE loss.

Danger or concern for safety is part of her concern. I just invested heavily in stating a new business in Oregon. She is afraid that if something happnes to me we will lose everything.

That is what insurance is for. You should have a good life and disability insurance plan. Problem solved. Nice looking bike!

Back