Anyone old enough to remember these?

TXBusa05LE

Registered
My fav is the yellow can...BEER...:rofl:

DSC00140.JPG

4 here, Billy Beer:rofl:

Dident Billy own a gas station in those days? what a hayseed:laugh:

Billy was Billy Carter as in President Jimmy Carters Brother. LONG Before George Bush:cheerleader:

J.R. Ewing from "Dallas".. Olympia was a Coors imitation only tasted a little better and was from Olympia Washington.. yah, "BEER" was around here for a little while, nasty, but a good laxative.. seen the Jim Beam but prefere to mix my own.. not seen the USA beer before.. Buckhorn was another good laxative.. don't remember the Ringnes or Dixie but Billy Carter's stuff was around. Popular collectable can while, and for a while after, Jimmy was in office. Also nasty tasting and with high laxative qualities.
Go farther back, I remember when you had to pop two holes in the steel can with a can opener. I think Coors was one, if not the, first to use an aluminum can. One of the early aluminum cans had two little punch out hole things in the top, cut a nice little half moon in your thumb if you weren't careful.
Who here remembers the Hamms bear? "From The Land of Sky Blue Waters".

Hey they still sell Olympia! I just saw a Half rack the other night while I was pondering what to spend my Lottery winnings($7) on. There are a few on there Ive never seen before though.

the generic beer we used to call them flozers due to the 12 Fl Oz lol memorys

Ahhh...

You got me feeling nostalgic for the times when you had to travel with a church key!

What the hell is a "pop-top"? Since when does beer come in aluminum cans?

I have all but the USA beer. I still have my collection from when I was a kid. I stated collecting when I was 7. Wife is pissed we moved 8 large boxes of beer cans. I am going to put them up in my garage...some day ???

I have a few cone tops & crowntainers from the early days too.

I remember almost trying to shop-lift a Hamm's keg can out of a liquor store in Colorado whaen I was 11.:whistle:

Back