God I hate Cycle Trader...

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
There search function is HORRIBLE! And its been like this on and off for years! No matter what I search for it turns up 0 results!

Do they not know they have a problem? This is really irritating!:madfire::cursin:

yeah i checked it out. I dont know why, but it does the same thing for me, so you know its not something on your end it is definately their site.

Busaman...

My name is Jim and I work for CycleTrader.

Based upon the posting string, I tried to run a query for a Honda VFR800 within 25 miles of 29650 -- zero hits. Expanding it to 100 miles, I see 2 results (4 within 150 miles). It appears that the search functionality is working correctly.

Can you take me through the issues you are having? If I can replicate the problem that you are having, then I can address it. If the complaint is that you are getting zero results at 25 miles, please see if you get results at a larger radius. It could just be that the particular bike you are looking for is not for sale within the default 25 mile radius.

Please let me know.

There you go! Help from the source :oldcool:

I had great luck with Cycle Trader; it's how I found my Busa 5 years ago...best deal around :thumbsup:

Busaman...

My name is Jim and I work for CycleTrader.

Based upon the posting string, I tried to run a query for a Honda VFR800 within 25 miles of 29650 -- zero hits. Expanding it to 100 miles, I see 2 results (4 within 150 miles). It appears that the search functionality is working correctly.

Can you take me through the issues you are having? If I can replicate the problem that you are having, then I can address it. If the complaint is that you are getting zero results at 25 miles, please see if you get results at a larger radius. It could just be that the particular bike you are looking for is not for sale within the default 25 mile radius.

Please let me know.

Hi Jim, I was running the query for 250 miles of 29651. It came up with no results. I tried the same search for a Honda VTX. Still zero results. I also tried it from "any" distance. I still got zero results. It tried typing "VFR" "VFR800" and "interceptor" into the keywords yet I still got zero results.

This seems to be a on/off problem as it has happened to me and others several times before in the past.

However, I would also like to add that its not ALWAYS zero results some times the results varies. As in, you can do a search for "VFR" with in 250 miles and it will show 20 results, do the same search 5 minutes later and it will show 5. Do the same search later and it will show 20 again. Very strange.

As of today the search seems to be working properly as I am receiving 41 results for "interceptor" with in 250 miles of 29651.

dam the man,lol j/k...Im still loking for a good deal on a busa there.Im also looking at craigslist.

Last edited:
Back