So I'm starting Chantix 2day

fsusux

Banned
Wish me luck folks. My quit date is 10-5-08. Any tips or tricks to make the going a little easier are appreciated. 25 years of these things is simply enough.

Have family members watch you very closely. There have been some VERY negative side effects in some people with this med.

From the FDA website

READ THIS

And This

Another

I took the 1st round of this med myself. It works. I completely quit smoking in 5 days. At the time I was smoking 2-3 packs a day. The down side to quiting is I went completely psycho. My entire family said HELL NO! You are not taking anymore of this crap! As soon as I stopped this med and it had time to get out of my system I went completely back to normal. I was still quit smoking at the time. The only change was not taking Chantix.

Good luck but please be careful!!

fsusux good luck with your quit, it can be quite an experience, my quit date is 6-18-07 and after 38 years of smoking I fully understand why so many are unable to ever successfully quit, it becomes so ingrained into ones thought process becoming a coping mechanism & reward system just to mention a few, it can truly be quite the mental struggle for some of us the retrain our brains to function without the routine & rituals of smoking especially if that's all we have pretty much ever known. Good news is it can be done, good luck to you & by the way the Busa is a great quitting tool, I don't ever think of smoking when I'm tearing it up on the Busa.:thumbsup: Cold turkey quitter here, I figured eventually I got to be totally free of it & confront the withdrawl head on so why prolong it with pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:
Take a 2 week vacation. Quitting smoking is more about breaking the mental habits that associate specific behaviors with lighting up. They physical withdraw is bad, but short lived (3-5 days). Everything else is mental, which is less severe, but lasts a long time. I've been off the smokes for more than 5 years and still have cravings occationally.

Get over the physical withdraw, then take a vacationand go someplace interesting to break your daily habit pattern. It will help you waeken the neural connections that associate cigartettes with specific daily activities.

Good luck and keep at it. I used this stuff and it worked for me. Make sure you eat a good meal with each pill or it will likely make your stomach upset bigtime. :bowdown:

Good luck being a quitter :thumbsup:

The mental part of breaking the habits is tough, but after a while that goes away. You'll feel so much better soon, the sense of smell comes back, and food taste really good again.

No more hacking when you get out of bed, no more wheezing when you climb stairs, and the $$$ you will save is a wonderful bonus.

Yes, I quit about a year and a half ago, after +25 years.

My only regret is starting in the first place :laugh:

Last edited:
Back