Some shots from Alaska

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Got these from a friend and thought I might share.

100_1322 (Medium).JPG

Aut0106AK 068 (Medium).jpg

My best friend worked in Alaska as a state biologist for 5 years. Very beautiful country.

I was born in Anchorage and lived in Fairbanks til I was 7 then we moved away. Haven't been back since 1971 but it is on my list of things to do. Used to be able to see Mt. McKinley (now Denali) right out of our living room window! A sight I still remember vividly.

All who wants to go, Lets get a group together , they say they give you land there, & I am sure ( like myself ) there are other builders on this site. Lets go get a few Hundred / thousand acres and build Busa Nation.. Or at least The Busa Hotel.. I can taste it now Elk steak and eggs for breakfast...:beerchug:

All who wants to go, Lets get a group together , they say they give you land there, & I am sure ( like myself ) there are other builders on this site. Lets go get a few Hundred / thousand acres and build Busa Nation.. Or at least The Busa Hotel.. I can taste it now Elk steak and eggs for breakfast...:beerchug:

Ahh, well, no, they don't give you land and there are no elk except for one small herd. Your breakfast will have to be Caribou and/or Moose. I love it there, we are going back for a visit and to check on our rental property in Dec. This is me on a hunting trip last year with one of my long range cannons.

PC280001.jpg

Definetly worth it. I grew up in Alaska and I miss it all the time! That month with no sun just lets you get caught up on the reading :laugh:. It is balanced by 3 am rides in the summer with no lights needed and golf tee times at the local courses 24 hours a day. Lots of fun night rides in the summer. Just got to watch for the bears.

Ahh, well, no, they don't give you land and there are no elk except for one small herd. Your breakfast will have to be Caribou and/or Moose. I love it there, we are going back for a visit and to check on our rental property in Dec. This is me on a hunting trip last year with one of my long range cannons.

Dayum man, you shot all the meat right off of him with that hand howitzer !!!:laugh:

Dayum man, you shot all the meat right off of him with that hand howitzer !!!:laugh:

Funny shid! Yeah, that was a .338 Remington Ultra Mag. I shoot 250 grain matchkings out of it. She is a little peppery all right. This is another of my favorite pics and it is the hunting trip that I got the nickname Cblast. I shot this deer with a wildcat cartridge called the .338 Diablo with a 300 grain Sierra Matchking. I got this one at well over 700 yds if I remember correctly. Head shot too. I have now made some solid kills out to 942 yds with it. I am gonna take it out and really stretch its legs on Kodiak bear this year as I drew a tag for an area on Kodiak that will remain nameless :thumbsup:.

post-12-68714-niceshot_Full0001.jpg

Hey, too funny, i just realized I am wearing the same shoes in both pics. I still have them, they are my go to hunting camp shoes. :rofl:

I would show pics of last years hunts but they are a lot more gruesome.

Here are some more good ones...

That is my spotter Abed with my moose. You can see from the one pic how far away they were. I think those were at about 610yds. Then there is my dall sheep and the base and spike camps we had for that hunt. :thumbsup:

moose with cow 16 Sept 2007 036.jpg

2007 moose with my buddy abed.jpg

Base camp.JPG

Keeping the meat clean.JPG

Spike camp.JPG

Back