05 r1 and 06 busa motor difference

The_CaneCorso

Registered
So I rememebr the 05 r1 having like 180hp but at the tire having of course less like around 159 I think.. I also thuink the busa was like 163hp at the tire. I wonder how much hp was he motor producing..Also they are just about the same in hp...Is this right? If so then why do people say busa is faster? Doesnt it weigh like 100lbs more..Or is it since its a 1300cc you can get more hp out of it?

They were very closely matched in terms of stock hp, gen I busas are generally right around 154hp. The difference is in the torque my friend! Torque diff was almost 30lb ft. That torque translates always to greater OOMPH! :laugh: :beerchug:

Grrrrrrrrr in 04 my dream bike was a r1. They are just so stylish..Then I sat on a busa...EVERYTHING changed... Im looking to get a bike soon (30 days) and Im stumped.... When I see a r1 going down the road Im like thats cool and when I see a busa Im like in a dream... Im leaning more towards the busa.... Be nice if it was like a car where you can test drive and take home over night so you know for sure

They were very closely matched in terms of stock hp, gen I busas are generally right around 154hp. The difference is in the torque my friend! Torque diff was almost 30lb ft. That torque translates always to greater OOMPH! :laugh: :beerchug:

So I guess r1 gets the HP from higher compression and higher rpms huh?

Yup to the higher rpms. If you are struck by the busa, ya better get the busa! Otherwise you will never be satisfied! I loved my 06 busa, but I moved to a new neighborhood and one of my new neighbors had an 07 yellow 1098. I rode it for a day and that bike stole my soul. Get what is keeping you up at night. Life is far too short for cheap booze and motorcycles you don't crave! :beerchug:

so 99-07 are all the same.. I still want a 06 or 07 though..Resell value...Also he 99 had the tre in i which unrestricted it? So how fast did a 99 go oposed to a 07....Also if the busa does rev as high or isnt compressed as high the motor should last longer right? I just know with my turbo yff750r at 15k miles. I needed a new raditor sensor,theromstat,carb work, low beams wires came out , gear shift bolt kept coming out...

At 35000 miles , I am still kickin the shid out of my 05 busa ! every mile ! rode with an 05 r1 in 05 when busa and r1 were new R1 had a taller first gear so it is all rider however top of second begining of third torque takes over and the busa will walk away slow and steady:thumbsup: every time we launched the R1 pilot was laying over the bars to hold it down

Try to find a black '06, here is a pic of my Evelyn...

DSC00752.JPG

Cblast Avatar.JPG

Not to mention the torque comes at the low end...the busa produces more torque at 2500-3500 rpm (cant remember the exact number) that the R1 does period.

So while the bus is pulling a stump outa the ground, the R1 is still winding up.
Which makes the Bus like no other and a perfect all around daily rider as well as
a truely crazy machine.

I love the R1 to, favorite litter bike. LOVE the undertail exhaust. :bowdown:

I rode a 1098 at bike noght last night.. I so want that bike,, just have to get the OK from Jessica.. I see a lot of butt kissing coming up

I rode a 1098 at bike noght last night.. I so want that bike,, just have to get the OK from Jessica.. I see a lot of butt kissing coming up

:woot::woot::woot:

:beerchug: You would not regret it! Combine the torque with the light weight and all of the absolute top end componentry and you get to throw your leg over a machine that truly re-focuses your love of riding. :beerchug:

:woot::woot::woot:

:beerchug: You would not regret it! Combine the torque with the light weight and all of the absolute top end componentry and you get to throw your leg over a machine that truly re-focuses your love of riding. :beerchug:

Yeah...for about 22 thousand dollars (the "S" version)...is it really worth 2 GSXR 1000s

the "plain" version is mspr is 16,000 plus tax, dealer, and other assorted bs.

Never rode one but love the bike from affar...

I sat on a busa and was ready to take a 08 home but they wouldnt come off the price more then 500. Im not paying 11.5 for one...Felt heavy. Im 6'2 208lbs and it felt big...For soem reason IDC I still want it. :)

Yeah...for about 22 thousand dollars (the "S" version)...is it really worth 2 GSXR 1000s

the "plain" version is mspr is 16,000 plus tax, dealer, and other assorted bs.

Never rode one but love the bike from affar...

It is worth every penny. The minute you ride one you realize that a person with passion built this bike. Each one followed from start to finish along its assembly by one technician. Even the base comes with forged aluminum marchesinis and brembo monobloc brakes. Closed loop advanced efi. Ti Ni coated forks, etc, etc. These bikes are built with pride and passion and that translates immediately to the riding experience. :beerchug: Oh yeah and the prices across the range for ducati are goin up by a minimum of $2K. Get an 08, smoking deal. :thumbsup:

Back