Honda Gold Wing

Smoke_Dog

Registered
Road my buddies GW today:rofl::rofl::rofl: I just can't get anything out of it! He talks about the Harley and I don't see the GW being any better!!!!!!

do they make... um... essentially BEER GOGGLES for bikes? ? :laugh:

.... thus skewing owners perception.... aw jeeez! If I gotta splain it, it ruins the joke.

I would love to have a GW. Mainly because it is almost like having a car on 2 wheels. My wife would enjoy touring with me more I think cause she isn't really that confortable riding with me on the 'Busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would love to own a GW. Just not instead of the Busa. Im working on a Star Roadliner for my next addition to the stable. :poke:

GoldWings are sweet, I'd love to have one when I am an OLD MAN!
All kidding aside though it would be nice to have one to ride from coast to coast..

I'd take a GW in a heart beat, That's what I want when I get the 08 paid off.:cheerleader::bowdown:

It's fat, its tired, its - not fast, its got music, and an HVAC system... I mean wow! But helll-no.

My wife keeps smiling and winking at me to get one - like - c'mon honey - this is hot...

No freakin' way!! The Busa is hot!

Smoke_busa - your busa is one of the nicest man.

Hmm, Goldwing =
* super comfortable for both passengers
* More storage than your average subcompact car
* REVERSE on a motorcycle
* Tunes and built-in GPS that can't be quickly stolen
* did I mention super comfortable?

The GL1800 has more than enough git-up-and-went. Is it a busa? No way, but does it outrun most every cruiser it comes across? Oh yeah.

We took the GW down the Dragon scraping the pegs the whole way and it handled perfectly. I'm going to get one in a year or two. Busa needs a stablemate.

I got a wing on my list...I let my significant other sit in the back for a test ride. Once she got a load of the arm rests and cupholders...:laugh:

Nothing else does serious touring like a wing...if you want to go coast to coast, the wing is the way to go.

I will say it is in vast need of a 30/30 update...that is add 30 hp min and shed 30 lbs min...then you'd have a much better bike.

I hear rumors...one is around the corner.

In '94 I bought a new GW and we rode the pee out of it for over 5 years. Fun as a Busa - no. Good around-town bike - no. But for touring it's the only way to go for comfort - and if you drag a trailer behind you can carry a whole housefull of junk with you. We loved it till we ran out of places to go - so I swapped it for a BlackBird in 2000. Been addicted to sport-bikes since.

Back