What a day.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I have a history of an A-fib heart condition which is an irregular heart beat rhythm. Back in 99' my heart went out of rhythm and the Doc's converted me back chemicly. I've been alright mostly for the last 9 yrs or so with small hiccups here and there which is to be expected. I hurt my leg 2.5 weeks ago and have been taking antibiotics for it. I usually take my heart meds when I wake and had a brainfart.

Well, at 4am this morning I woke up from an unusually bad nightmare that spiked my heartbeat levels skyhigh. It knocked my heart out of rhythm due to me forgetting to take my heart meds. At 4:15am I realized what happened and promptly took my meds and the wife called 911. 15minutes later I was on my way to the ER. Ivy in arm with an EKG hooked up I was verified in A-Fib with an elavated heart rate. I felt fine and watched as my heart rate bounce up and down anywhere from 40 to 176 Beats per minute. It was all over the place. My heart did start stabilizing as I calmed down.

Get to the ER, get checked out and got a dose of my heart meds in liquid form through the Ivy. Within minutes my heart rate fell into the mid 90's and the bouncing rate was minimizing. Things were progressing, my heart was trying to right itself. At about 7am I got checked out and it was confirmed that it looked like the meds were kicking in and that it was just a matter of time till I was better. I got the usual stuff of what to do if and when, and I was released with just an ever so slight hiccup of a heartbeat. The doc said it might take a day or two to completely convert.

I went home and slept till 4pm today. On a side note, when your heart is prone to stuff like this you get to know what certain things feel like. While watching TV and resting I had a calming feeling come over me. It was my rhythm getting back to normal and my heart beating in a lower BPM.

My prayers were answered and it looks as if I'm gonna be alright.

This was my day today....

Last edited:
I usually use one of those weekly pill boxes but didn't refill it. This was all my fault and I almost paid the ultimate price.

Sounds like the day is ending much better than it started. :beerchug:

Back