should i buy this car

mikeled86

SHOT TIME RIP D.A.M
Donating Member
Registered
My buddy is selling a 2003 hyundai tiburon its blue and it has a 160,000 miles on it and he said he would sell it to me for 1000 dollars its a gt v6 i havent seen the inside of it but i know he smokes and it has leather. the reason I am thinking about it is because my brother needs a car to get to and from work i know this car has alot of miles on it but he only work about 10 miles away from where he lives. do you think I should just go ahead and buy this thing or what

$1000 bucks for a 2003 running car isnt too bad. Do you need a/c in your area? Does it need any major repairs...smoking can be many things.

You can get the "smoke smell" off the leather much easier than cloth. Remove the oil fill cap and look into the valve cover. If there's no sludge,......you will probably be okay. Make sure the tranny shifts smoothly as well. Beyond that,........it's just maintenance!!

dont really need ac i live in ohio it is start to turn all fall around here(great riding weather) but winter is around the corner but I know that he could use a car because him and his wife just split and he has two kids that he cant really see because she wont bring them over I just think this could help his situtation alot.

...I just reread...he smokes not the car.:laugh:

Go for it. Help your bro out. Make sure it is in his name though.:beerchug:

Go for it. $1000 is nothing for 5 years old Tiburon.

Your brother can use it for a year and make 50% profit after that.

you can get the "smoke smell" off the leather much easier than cloth. Remove the oil fill cap and look into the valve cover. If there's no sludge,......you will probably be okay. Make sure the tranny shifts smoothly as well. Beyond that,........it's just maintenance!!

+10000000

Has the timing belt/chain been changed? Is it an Auto trans?look into that those cost some $$ to change a 1000 $ car can turn into a 2500 $ car in no time but for a G i would do it and worst case part it out on ebay or craigslist

Just do all the routine checks.. Timing belt, tires, brakes, ignition system, ask when all the fluids were last changed(i.e. oil, coolant, trans fluid) Make sure you know your actually doing him a favor and NOT giving him a bigger headache...

I used to work for a Hyundai dealership so I KNOW those Tiburons dont last forever but should be ok for a while as long as the trans is good and routine maintenance is done correctly.

Back