Help with the F250!

BrianKesler

Registered
I have an 01 F250 and im having problems with my a/c. When i turn the a/c, it blows out the defrost. When i come to a stop, it comes out the air vents. Please help!!

Try laying on the floor of the truck and check the ducting from the A/C to all the vents in the dash. Sounds like one or more have maybe moved from their original path.

check the vaccum hoses on the passenger side in the cab by the glove box. sounds like a hose is either coming off or it may have a hole in it. sometimes a vaccum hose in the engine compartment passenger side by the firewall will crack as well. hope this helps.

thanks for the suggestions...finding a vacuum leak can be a pain in the rump! For all those who say buy a Toyota or dont like Ford.....:moon:

The 250

100_0037.jpg

Gonna go with the vacuum leak

If you look closely you will see a Blue Oval with the word Ford in the middle of it somewhere on the truck, THAT IS THE PROBLEM :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice looking truck though

Yep vac leak. Does it have the spagetti lines? I would start looking under the hood. Those lines get crispy from the heat and wear thru where they run against a hard/sharp edge.

Well.....my truck isnt exactly on the road most of the time either, so im sure some of that mud that gets caked in places could be an issue too :whistle:

I had the same f)(&& problem on my 03 F250 crew cab... took it in and a day later I go in so that I can sign the work order.. the entire dash and front seats were on the bed of the truck....the blower under the dash had a loose rod that controls the trap that circulates the air ... my first question was: this a waranty work right? and since they scratch the heck out oof the bed I got a new bedliner installed for free....good luck... I would start by taking the a look at the back of the ac controls... that solve my problems a few times.... just don't pull to hard on the 2 lines that go into the blower...hint hint

Nice looking truck :thumbsup:, stick with the Ford, I have an 02 F150 and wouldn't trade it for three new toyotas, well maybe if I could resell them and buy my old one back but you get the idea. And yes I had to look long and hard to find it as I wanted this specific truck and they are getting harder and harder to find.

Oh and for those of you who said to buy a Toyota, here's something to digest, an email I got a few days ago. Sorry it doesn't have anything to do with your AC bro but had to be said.

Enjoy!

"CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's
contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and
Washington.

The findings are as follows.......

1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of
the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered
ER response team services and office space to displaced government
employees.

2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of
the same number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of
the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the
New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation,
funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC..

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in
August 2001

12. I suzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing.

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche
website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August
Condolences posted on the website
Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep
this information in mind. You might want to give more
consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or
American
based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car
companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States.
It's OK
for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is
apparently
not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe
we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets
their attention..

Back