Getting another phone in a few weeks

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm thinking of resigning with Verizon, and need a new phone soon anyway (Motorola sux). I'm looking at the LG Chocolate, since I'm looking for a MP3 player of some sort anyway (just to have some form of music while walking/jogging and while outside at work), and it can hold 2meg of music with a card. Also, it'll give me a somewhat decent camera at 1.3 MP as opposed to my current phones .3 MP. As far as features, for my uses, I'm sold. Does the battery die quick when using headphones? I'm not too worried about sound quality, just how long it can keep the music going at a decent quality. But, does anyone here have any personal experience with them? Any other Verizon phones I should check out for at most $100?

I would look at the Voyager, ENV2 or the Dare. All would be great phones. Though the Dare will be a bit more than $100 with a two year contract.

Personally I don't care for the chocolate, but thats just me.

Chocolate are chick phones and they suck.

Get a Voyager, thats what I use for most of my posting.:thumbsup:

+1 on the Voyager i have one its great. the choc. is a stupid phone i had one it lasted a year. the voyager is the way to go FYI cellphoneshope.net has a ton of cheap but good products for phones the batteries are awesome.

I'll check out the voyager... But the Chocolate 3 is starting to look good to me. Does that mean I'm a girl?

+1 on the Voyager i have one its great. the choc. is a stupid phone i had one it lasted a year. the voyager is the way to go FYI cellphoneshope.net has a ton of cheap but good products for phones the batteries are awesome.
that is a search page site... all the links just open search page results.. or is it just my browser?

I have the first gen chocolate and havent had a problem with it, I currently have the second gen chocalate and I have yet to have a problem with that one to! both phones have worked great for me, the third gen chocolate is a flip not a slider. The second gen chocolate is only availible online through verizon for FREE! with a 2 year new agreement.

Crap... ENV2 and the Voyager are looking good... I'm thinking ENV2, cause it's cheaper and has some features I want. The main things deterring me from these 2 and making me want the chocolate are the lack of a 3.5 headphone jack on them and an FM modulator... The Chocolate3 has them... More research and thinking ahead. I got till Oct.3 to be able to upgrade anyway...

I have the first gen chocolate and havent had a problem with it, I currently have the second gen chocalate and I have yet to have a problem with that one to! both phones have worked great for me, the third gen chocolate is a flip not a slider. The second gen chocolate is only availible online through verizon for FREE! with a 2 year new agreement.

Nother thing I liked the chocolate2 for... Price. I get a $50 discount on Oct 12, which means I'm looking at free for Chocolate2, $50 for ENV2, $80 for Chocolate3, and $100 for the Voyager... Decisions, decisions...

Dare is out. Too pricey. The Voyager... Have you owners known it to be fairly tough? Is the screen easily scratched? I don't want a touch screen that would scratch up in my pocket and look like crap.

Dare is out. Too pricey. The Voyager... Have you owners known it to be fairly tough? Is the screen easily scratched? I don't want a touch screen that would scratch up in my pocket and look like crap.

The Dare has a protected plastic cover that comes with the phone to keep scratches to a medium. Its the most popular phone that we sell at my BestBuy Mobile store.

The Dare has a protected plastic cover that comes with the phone to keep scratches to a medium. Its the most popular phone that we sell at my BestBuy Mobile store.

Yeah, but it's way too expensive. The Voyager is on my list, but still on the expensive end...

I PROMISE you if you get the voyager you wont regret it. Its nice having a keyboard. Ive never been a fan of ALL touch phones, pain in the a$$ to text compared to the voyager. With the voyager you get the best of both worlds!!!:beerchug:

Crap... ENV2 and the Voyager are looking good... I'm thinking ENV2, cause it's cheaper and has some features I want. The main things deterring me from these 2 and making me want the chocolate are the lack of a 3.5 headphone jack on them and an FM modulator... The Chocolate3 has them... More research and thinking ahead. I got till Oct.3 to be able to upgrade anyway...

The Voyager has a headphone jack :dunno: and even though you cant get FM on it you can watch TV on it. Remember back in the day when society quit listening to the radio because the TV was invented?:rofl:

Get the plastic protective cover for it and you wont have a problem with the screen scratching. As far as tough? I use it at work every day. It's gotta be pretty tough to handle the railroad enviroment.:beerchug:

The Voyager has a headphone jack :dunno: and even though you cant get FM on it you can watch TV on it. Remember back in the day when society quit listening to the radio because the TV was invented?:rofl:

Get the plastic protective cover for it and you wont have a problem with the screen scratching. As far as tough? I use it at work every day. It's gotta be pretty tough to handle the railroad enviroment.:beerchug:

Hmmm Sam is running big choo choo's and watching tv???? What are your routes again so I can avoid them???

The Voyager has a headphone jack :dunno: and even though you cant get FM on it you can watch TV on it.

Okay. I was looking at the specs, and it didn't say a headphone jack was on it, but the Chocolate3 specs did... And by FM transmitter, I meant a way to play the MP3's over the radio without wires. Choc3 has that too... But the Voyager is looking REALLY good now... I'm gonna see if the local cell shop has the phones I'm looking at on hand so I can get hands on.

Thanks guys!

A couple of guys at work have the Voyager phone. That's my next one when my "new in two" comes around.

:cool:

r8

Back