ready to throw in the towel

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
2008 has been the worst year of my life. There are some things that I don't want to repeat but there have been many wrongs done to me, my fiance, and my family this year. These things have made me want to take the lives of these offenders. I have never been so angry, hostile, and just flat out depressed in my life as I have the last 6 months. Now, my mom has whats called Barret's disease and what I know about it is that it eats away at the lining at the top of your stomach where it meets the esophagus. Well, she called me on thursday to tell me that it has turned cancerous and the doctor is giving her 18 months. I just don't know what to do anymore...

I can completly understand what your mom is going through. I have been battling the beast for 13 months now. You may ask, how have I gotten through it?

Without the strenght given to me by my Savior, I know I would not be here. I do not know your level of faith, but God hears our prayers.

If you mom or you needs to chat.....my phone is always open.......

Sorry to hear it and let us know if there's anything we can do to help! :please:

Trust me, brother...things WILL get better...you WILL be stronger.

In fact, you will prevail.

I hope that the news about your mom kind of puts a lot of other things in perspective. At least, it would for me.

Please don't forget to utilize this forum as a vent. Even if you select a couple of your 'friends'; I'm sure they'll help out in any and every way.

Life is a bunch of ups and downs. You're getting hit hard in your down-cycle; it's sometimes so hard.

Anyway, brother...we're here.

2008 has been a bad year. I feel you on that one. However, try to look at it as less of a, "what a crappy year" and more of a "I have survived so much this year." It makes it feel more like an accomplishment, and no one can take that from you.

As for your mom, I am so sorry to hear that. News like this is never good or easy to hear. I will be praying for you and your mom. Like Scar said, we are here for you. If you need an ear, there is always someone on the board ready to listen. I can account for that!!! We are here for you.

Go immediately to your family doctor and get an anti-depressant. It sounds like you need one NOW !!! It will help you cope with things until they improve. Trust me...it works !!

I am really sorry about the obstacles that you have had to overcome this year. However, one must realize that the rain does not always last forever. Once you get to the bottom you have nowhere else to go but up. You have to realize that things you have overcame either breaks you or makes you even more multi-facetted. It's up to you to see the potential in yourself and to make the best of the situation. I know that may be hard sometimes, but all things are possible through faith in knowing that it will change. Stay strong, your mother needs you to be strong for her and the rest of the family. Just know that once you get through the clouds and see how beautiful the sun is on the other side it will all be worth it. Because, until you have something to compare the good things that will go on in your life too, you never will really appreciate what it took to get there.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Keep on Keepn' On , We are all here if you need someone to talk to.

Mike,
Sorry to hear about your mom. Friday I get home from Philly again. If you and the little lady are around this weekend we should get together for some wings man. I will buy. Sounds liek you need a friend and an ear.
Call me when you get a chance.
How is school going?
Call me bro'

My Dad died from Cancer, I had to close the doors of my 4 year old business and my wife filed for divorce. All in the same month.

YOU will get through it and IT will get better.

4 Years later I am remarried, making more money than I ever have before and my new wife even helped me pick out my 'Busa! :cheerleader:

It WILL get better and you will be better from it.

I appreciate it guys and gals! It was all just gettin to me earlier and I needed to release it somehow. What I didn't want to say earlier was that the woman who I'm going to share the rest of my life with and who I love dearly was raped earlier this year and the guy is out there walking the streets. I go from my mom filing bankruptcy to my sweetheart being raped, to my mom telling me that she has 18 months to live. It just gets hard sometimes and I feel like I'm helpless. I feel like no matter what I do, I just can't supress the hate and the anger. I don't know...I just needed to release a little. Thanks again for the prayers and the kind words.

Back