What not to do when ridding a ATV

ditchdr

Registered
So I finaly got to spend a few hours ridding today on the YFZ450.. Man that thing is a power house.. But I now have a list of things that I must remember not to do.

1 DO NOt forget your gloves at home.. I would not be a bit suprized if my hands were coved in blisters tomorrow..

2 DO NOT try to ride a wheelie up a hill and then back down the other side.

3 DO NOT ride down a trail you dont know with out looking for spiders first. Thing was as big as my head..

4 DO NOT do stand up doughnuts in 3rd gear. You will get pinned to the handel bars and cause your leg to have a soft ball size bruse.

5 DO NOT throw the quad up on 2 side wheels in soft sand. my departure was to look like a retarded gorrilla chasing a monkey.

6 DO NOT show off for your 2 year old, he only laughs harder when your off the bike with a mouth full of dirt.

And finaly

7 DO NOT EVER NEVER EVER,EVER let someone who has ridden a quad 10 years ago get on your bike. Took us 30 min and had ot use my truck to bring out out of the gully.. But damn it was funny watching him tho lol..

All in all was a great time, we cooked out, Jake had a blast playing in the dirt all day, had some friends out, and did a lot of ridding..

No pics was kind of a last minute thing I was at the shop and the wife called and said we were going..

I can agree with items 1 and 3. I did both this weekend and my hands still hurt. I put almost 70 miles on my Grizzly in about 6 hours. :beerchug: This pic was from a different ride but it looked about the same after this weekend.

grizzly700.jpg

Back