Props to my crew,real team work!

S-R Racing

Registered
I though I would share my crews best team work to date. We started a emergency roof rebuild due to a cave-in as a result of all of the rain we had here last week. After putting together a game plan Saturday and Sunday, Monday we started a complete tear-off of 5 layers of built-up roofing on this 500 SF flat roof which weighed 6600lbs not including the small pond of water that broke the camels back on Friday nite 9/12. Tuesday we fabed and built our own trusses, 9 of them. Wednesday, restructured the old 2X8 rafters with 2X10's and set the new trusses.Thursday,installed deck sheeting and cant strips,boxed the facia & soffit. Friday, we installed the Peel&Seal roofing membrane. Saturday we'll finish the wall flashing and trim details. Then Monday we'll install the new grid & panel ceiling, and lighting. Tuesday lay the new carpet and base trim. My estimator guide called for 136 hours based on a crew of 6, after pulling of the job on Friday @ 5, we had 41 hours with a crew of 4. The owners were so impressed, I spent two hours with them this afternoon signing 2 more contracts to completly remodel the upstairs of their art gallery at this location, plus gut and remodel the master bath at their victorian home,and handed me a legal size paper list of more stuff to do at their home whenever I could fit it in this fall and winter. I thank God and my crew for this blessing. I already have a good log of work going into winter this year which can be a tough time in the construction field:cheerleader:

443locust 007.jpg

443locust 008.jpg

443locust 013.jpg

443locust 015.jpg

443locust 001.jpg

443locust 003.jpg

443locust 018.jpg

443locust 023.jpg

443locust 025.jpg

443locust 037.jpg

Yea winters can be abit rough. A good crew is herd to come by, treat them right. I have a crew that Id give anything. Half worked for me for about 6 years, family now. Good luck.

I gotta say, not enough people give credit to the men and women who actually build this country. I come from a family (both sides) of blue-collar workers, and even though I'm now a white-collar (I did my share of back-breaking work), every time I look at a building going up, I always say that, yeah, the architect and engineer did a great job, but those men and women out there now are turning a roll of drawings into that building. That's real talent.

Great work :thumbsup:

now theres some talent! sure glad this was not the dead of winter I bet... The re-engineer to put some slope on was a great thought...

:thumbsup:

Yea winters can be abit rough. A good crew is herd to come by, treat them right. I have a crew that Id give anything. Half worked for me for about 6 years, family now. Good luck.

Hey street, where is prison city? Joliet?

Thanks everybody, heres just a few more of the finished product. BTW my lead man has been with me for 9 years- just like family is right

443locust 038.jpg

443locust 040.jpg

Great Job John , It looks alot better than what you described to me. You got a pretty good thing going!!! :thumbsup:

Great Job John , It looks alot better than what you described to me. You got a pretty good thing going!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, for a small crew, we all love what we do with a passion, I'll make sure the 3 of them call me next Friday nite and ask me if I made a mistake on their checks. 'Just gonna tell them,'nope, you deserve it and have a good weekend':beerchug:

Back