keep your fregin dogs on a leash!!

justa-busa-girl

Registered
we just got back to our campground from riding the bikes, and i got my male apbt out of the camper and tied him to the picknic table.. thats the only thing thier is to tie him to here no trees ect. and another damn unleashed dog ran up to him and my dog jerked the table hard enough when the dog ran up to him that my new helmet went flying off in to the gravel... im pist, and its the peoples who run the campgrounds dog.. this is the third dog that was off leash today in this campground that ran up to him, and him being a pitbull if the dogs would have fought would have got the blame for it. Im a responsible dog owner and i keep my dog on leash at all times and it makes me mad that my dog will get the blame because stupid people cant keep thier dogs on a leash.... sorry for the long post !!!

feel for you.... maybe they need to "leash" the owners huh? I just went through this early in the year with my neighbor...

I would have a camera ready myself.. you are right, the first thing they do is blame your dog.. if you have pics of your dog tied up and their running free... well sort of gives you a bit of a leg to stand on.... stupid owners...

thank you and thats a very good idea to take a pic of the loose dogs. I fell like going over and raisin cane with the people that own the dog and the campground and show them my helmet, and my new dark face shield that just went skiding through the gravel, but we stay here alot and they have been really good to us. 2 months ago we were in a campground and a dog off leash jumped on my dog and bruno just flipped the dog od its side and held it thier and the dog was screaming like crazy and the owner came and got the dog and every one ran over and stared at me and my husband and our dog and all acted like it was brunos fault... its just frusterating!!

I have 2 pits too & they would not take kindly to being "assaulted" by an unleashed dog.

We have the same problem here. I have a very strong German Shepard, seems like everytime I take her for a walk we run up on a unleashed dog. I might have to try some pepper spray.:whistle:

i def. feel for you. im not sure what i would have done. you know they wont find fault in their dog or their habits

I feel for you. I really do. Been there before many times. I would not use pepper spray. Your own dog may be effected by mistake. They could smell things from far away so pepper spray would not be a good idea. I've had pitts all my life and know how it feels to get the look. I had a lady say to me "those f_ _ _ _n dogs" after her off leash dog ran up to me growling and my two on leash dogs almost ripped her poor fella apart. Thank God I had complete control of them and they let go of the poor pooch when I told them to but to her my pitts still were the bad guys.

Thats why my wife wont walk the neighborhood alone..with or without my boxer.

She is scared of loose dogs getting out.

We Had it happen when we had both girls and both my boxers were pups. A pit charged the gate when an onwer was going through it and ran up on the boxer I had and started to attack her. I just grabbed the pit by the neck and shoved him down. Meanwhile a second pit ran out of the neighbors yard and went after the other boxer my wife had near my 2 girls in their wagon. While I was holding down the one pit the owner ran up and grabbed the other as my wife was kicking and pulling in a circle to keep that dog off the boxer and the girls. That is what you call an "Adrenaline Rush"

So yea....loose dogs are a bad thing.

Get a paintball gun

I hear ya busa girl !!! I have a 4 year adult great dane and a 9 month old pup. I walk them almost everyday. A few days ago a black and white mutt of about 60 pounds, running loose with some kids, came charging at me and the dogs growling. I was holding both the Danes on a leash and they wanted to go back at him. Luckily he stopped about 5 feet away. Guess he thought better of it when he got closer and saw the size of my dogs. The kids came running up with a rope and tied it around his neck and dragged him off. I always carry pepper spray. My mailman gave me one that is specially made to repel dogs. He has used it several times on dogs and swears by it. He had a pit trap him on a porch and wouldnt let him off. He sprayed the dog and now when the dogs sees him it runs away. Should have sprayed the owners that let the dog run loose !!!

man you so pissed your spelling is whack.LOL... I hear you about the leash thing..My dog goes on a leash but she is also trained to stay with me off leash...If she wasnt she would ALWAYS be on a leash

lol yeah sorry about my spelling, not that it is ever great but i was pist at the time and typing just as fast as my clumsy fingers would go lol.

LOL LOL LOL.
do you think one day, like smoking cigarrettttes, pettts will be taxed or banned? i have a good reason for asking, and yes it is a genuine question. the cretins eat meat for example, and with quite a lot of pets around, it might make for un necessary killing of animals; like sheep; cattle; and tuna fish. seriously, does anyone see the end of the pet era. i think personally, have a pet only once, )and only one would be a good idea(. i saw a pitbull today, or similar, and it's owner (nut job) asked me if i wanted a dog coller for myself. eek. nice doggie.

I had a bullmastif sneak up on my dog and I a couple of days ago. Luckily either one of the dogs wanted trouble. My dog was off leash as well, we were in my back yard. Turns out it is the neighbors new dog (20 months old @155 lbs.)

Back