Genetically engineered animals as human food

FastLaneKen

Never Forgotten
I am all for high-tech, but this is making me lose my taste for food. Reprogrammed animals for food? Is this really safe or will our kids or their kids be de-formed over time. Whats next Gene spices in our Salt and Pepper Shakers to make the food bigger as it sits on the plate
We all know that once this kind of thing starts there is no end to what will come of it. I guess this is our generations version of the old "Hamburger Helper" Mom used to use :whistle:

U.S. to review genetically engineered animals

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government will start considering industry proposals to sell genetically engineered animals as human food.

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday a government review will ensure that such animals are safe to eat. Genetically engineered animals are created when scientists insert a gene from one species of animal into the DNA of another animal to reprogam some of its characteristics. For example, fish could be made to grow faster, or hens could be made to lay heart-healthier eggs.

It is unclear how consumers will react to such animals, even with a government seal of approval.

U.S. to review genetically engineered animals - USATODAY.com

you hit that one on the head.... we have no clue as to the ramifications of "genetically" engineered anything... it has only been the last 20 years or so we have found out what happens when we fool around with the natural balance of nature alone, much less modifying what has taken millions of years to evolve...

"I am Legend" comes to mind

keep in mind our world was designed with what WE consider imperfections. making things PERFECT will destroy part of some cycle and cause problems.

heh... we can either be lazy and ENGINEER healthier foods... or we can simply EAT HEALTHIER! I'm sick of science bandaiding our laziness

keep in mind our world was designed with what WE consider imperfections. making things PERFECT will destroy part of some cycle and cause problems.

heh... we can either be lazy and ENGINEER healthier foods... or we can simply EAT HEALTHIER! I'm sick of science bandaiding our laziness
You sir win at the internet!

That's the problem, and we made it so stupid doesn't hurt as much anymore... so how is it gonna get better?

They've been doing this with chickens for years. How do you think you make a chicken grow to full grown in 6-8 weeks? Why do you think girls now have. . . Gifts at as young as 11 and 12? No girls had that kind of body when I was that age. Answer. . .Chicken has altered growth hormones, girl eats chicken, girl grows things faster. (I don't know if it's the same way with guys or not. . .)

They've been doing this with chickens for years. How do you think you make a chicken grow to full grown in 6-8 weeks? Why do you think girls now have. . . Gifts at as young as 11 and 12? No girls had that kind of body when I was that age. Answer. . .Chicken has altered growth hormones, girl eats chicken, girl grows things faster. (I don't know if it's the same way with guys or not. . .)

bingo....also given to cows to produce more milk.

It is with me.
My wings are definitely growing faster and bigger!
:laugh:

IMO This Bio-altered food is a great danger to us. I have been in the Agro-industry for 33 years. A little over 10-12 years ago Monsanto came out with Roundup ready corn. This corn was genetically engineered to be immune to Roundup (a great herbicide). It grabbed over 50% of the market. Now 12 years later they are finding that the weeds have cross polinated with the corn and now are immune to the Roundup! So what are we getting from all the crap they put into chickens, beef etc.
MOOOOOOOO

world population doubled in the last 50 years. Estimated Earth capacity is 50 billions.

All those people must eat. How else it could be done?
worldpop.gif

People of the Earth.. STOP REPRODUCTION until it`s too late.

Uhm...I would have to say "NO" it doesn't make boys, uhm...ya know, uhm... bigger. ???

my main concern is what they decide is good for us... if you knew the process for FDA approval of drugs you might end up going organic to prevent problems.

I have conclusive proof that those same hormones are in toilet paper then, ...

you should see my ex's azz.......

If its safe I'd go for it. I just think the name "Genetically Engineered Animals" :overlord: sounds a little scary that's all.

Back